mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
What about teams that live outside of Cali/SoCal?
To be honest, I don't have an answer to that, short of traveling to Bellflower. I know a suggestion would be to call in like a phone conference, but based on past meetings, there is no phone in the room that the meetings take place and I don't know if they have the capabilities for Skype or anything like that.

One thing I can suggest is to email Chris IQ at chris@hollywoodsports.com and see how teams outside the area can participate.

Other than that, I don't know, but I can try to at least summarize what took place in the meeting.
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

ok first post is updated
Old 04-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Kind of confused on the pricing, does the weekend pricing include Friday were there is no actual play or is it for Friday, Saturday and Sunday? If that is the case is there pricing for Saturday and Sunday only? Kind of bummed that the date changed but may be better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Kind of confused on the pricing, does the weekend pricing include Friday were there is no actual play or is it for Friday, Saturday and Sunday? If that is the case is there pricing for Saturday and Sunday only? Kind of bummed that the date changed but may be better for me.
The actual gameplay is Saturday and Sunday. The field is open on Friday for those that would want to camp out and not drive in early Saturday morning. Sometimes they would allow players to go on the fields and play on Friday, but that changes from year to year.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
The actual gameplay is Saturday and Sunday. The field is open on Friday for those that would want to camp out and not drive in early Saturday morning. Sometimes they would allow players to go on the fields and play on Friday, but that changes from year to year.
I understand that, my question was regarding pricing. Is the weekend price including all 3 days or just Sat and Sun? Is there a price for just Sat and Sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I understand that it will range, but what marker type (pump/mech/electro) do people typically shoot here and how much paint?

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
I shot a mix of ego and pump cocker to the tune of 1 case last year. I would expect closer to 2 cases for me this year as I no longer have a pump. As far as what to shoot... you see EVERYTHING. Last year I saw a bow, at least 2 pirated KPs, about 500 milsim tippmanns, another 150+ pumps(snipers/phantoms/azodin kps, etc...) and the other 500 players using mechs/electros. Oh, and probably 60-70 havoc launchers. Figure on at least 1 case per day for electro, 1/2 case per day for mech, and unless you A/T you can try and buy a case with someone if you pump.
PumpDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

If I can make it, I might have to bring the SR, the mech 2K, and the Sniper II. I could probably get by with just the mech since that's probably my favorite to shoot.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
I understand that, my question was regarding pricing. Is the weekend price including all 3 days or just Sat and Sun? Is there a price for just Sat and Sun?
I'm trying to understand your question, so here goes. Your question: is the pricing for 2 days or 3. I want to say that the pricing is for 3 days. However, there are no gameplay on Friday. Also, the reason that 3 days is noted, that on some years they have had some kind of event on that Friday, such as the UWL doing a 5-man event on that day. At times they have allowed players that come in on Friday to camp, to play on the fields. I don't recall if they had to pay or not. I will find out what they have in store for that Friday.

But looking at the schedule on the first post, it is mainly for players to come in to register and camp overnight so they don't have to travel in the morning and for the side's leadership to meet up with the producers before gameplay the next day. Also, gives players and teams a chance for the producers to look over specialized equipment, such as tanks, mechs and rocket launchers.

I hope my answer cleared up any confusion, but I have tried to answer to the best of my ability.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I understand that it will range, but what marker type (pump/mech/electro) do people typically shoot here and how much paint?
I will tell you, based on my experience, you will see every type of marker out there. Also, the amount of paint depends on what you shoot and how aggressive you are. I have seen players go thru 2 or 3 cases on one day. I personally use an Etek 3 with a Pinokio Hopper, but I think I average 2 or 3 cases for the whole weekend.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games