mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 04-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
I'm trying to understand your question, so here goes. Your question: is the pricing for 2 days or 3. I want to say that the pricing is for 3 days. However, there are no gameplay on Friday. Also, the reason that 3 days is noted, that on some years they have had some kind of event on that Friday, such as the UWL doing a 5-man event on that day. At times they have allowed players that come in on Friday to camp, to play on the fields. I don't recall if they had to pay or not. I will find out what they have in store for that Friday.

But looking at the schedule on the first post, it is mainly for players to come in to register and camp overnight so they don't have to travel in the morning and for the side's leadership to meet up with the producers before gameplay the next day. Also, gives players and teams a chance for the producers to look over specialized equipment, such as tanks, mechs and rocket launchers.

I hope my answer cleared up any confusion, but I have tried to answer to the best of my ability.
Sorry for the confusion, I was and still am kind of confused on the pricing. The price for weekend entry is $65, does this include Friday? If it does is there a lower price for Saturday and Sunday only? Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I was and still am kind of confused on the pricing. The price for weekend entry is $65, does this include Friday? If it does is there a lower price for Saturday and Sunday only? Thanks in advance!
Oh, then that would be a no on a lower price for Saturday and Sunday only. Pricing for the weekend ($65 before Aug 13, $70 after Aug 13 to game day and $80 on game day) includes all 3 days (or 2 if you come in on Saturday).

Not to confuse you more but I think the reason they mention Friday to Sunday is that most common questions are "can we come out Friday and camp?" and "can we register on Friday?"

Having players come in on Friday, alleviates the long lines on Saturday morning and allows you to take your time to eat breakfast and get your gear ready to go without being rushed. Plus, it would be a good chance for you to meet the leadership of the side that you are on that evening, if you know who they are! lol
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Preregistration is open. Just a heads up since it wasn't last time this thread was active.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

The first post has been corrected and updated with the latest information.

Pre-registration is open, follow this link here: https://www.giantparks.com/mainstore.asp?

Rules for gameplay are up here: Event Rules

Please read over the rules and if there are any questions, please email management@giantsportz.com with “RE: Decay Event Rules” in the subject line.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Re-insertion times: The event producer(s) will indicate the insertion times for the event At each CP there will be a specially marked clock that will indicate when players can re-enter the field.
DEATH CARDS: Players will be given (4) four Death Cards to be used for the whole weekend. To use a Death Card, player must find the nearest ref and hand that ref a Death Card. Then that player will follow the instructions from the ref to re-insert into the game.
Is there a separation between a death card and a general reinsertion? The way that can read is that you can get shot 4 times and then are done for the remainder of the event. If that's the case, fine, but I wonder if anyone with past experience could elaborate.

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Is there a separation between a death card and a general reinsertion? The way that can read is that you can get shot 4 times and then are done for the remainder of the event. If that's the case, fine, but I wonder if anyone with past experience could elaborate.
I believe the death cards grant instant(ish) reinsertion whereas you have to go back to the spawn point and wait otherwise.
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($115 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I believe the death cards grant instant(ish) reinsertion whereas you have to go back to the spawn point and wait otherwise.
Cool. I was getting that impression, but wanted to be sure I wasn't way off base.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Pretty much what matteekay has said. Death Cards give you a chance to "instant" re-insert into the game by finding the nearest ref, giving ref said card and receiving instructions from the ref on how to quickly get back into the game. Otherwise, when you are shot out, you just head back to your re-spawn point (typically your own CP) and wait for the insertion window to be open.

By the way, once you use up all of your Death Cards, you do not get any more. The 4 Death Cards are for the whole weekend! If I were you, I'd keep at least 1 as a souvenir lol

I know it's a more elaborate explanation than what matteekay said lol
Old 06-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I wonder... I don't currently have anything scheduled in October
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Oh man, I'd HAVE to go if Harb's going. Commando's assemble?
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($115 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games