mcarterbrown.com

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #61 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpumpballer View Post
Now they are emailing the special missions to every player via email, What a joke. They arnt even real in game missions. Do they expect players to have a lap top and an Internet connection out in the middle of a paintball field??

Sorry for ranting but come on gio really?
From what I know, you will get your "mission" far in advance, not on game day. These missions are up to you, the player, if you want to complete them or not. However, when these missions are completed, the points earned goes towards your sides total.

Gio is sending these out to try and get more players involved in the game rather than just spray paint, but like I said, it is up to you if you want to complete the mission.

Edit: I have just watched the YouTube video and he states that if you have already pre-reg'd, you will be getting those missions within a few days of the video. So, if you already pre-reg'd, you should be getting those missions anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Savoy6 are trying to recruit as many players as they can since the sides are stacked against them. Many of the so cal scenario teams (i.e. SouthWest Regulators, Knuckle Draggerz, psych clown posse & more!) are on UNA side. Gadget & I will be guest XO'ing this game.
Last I heard Savoy6 will be on UNA this year. There is a YouTube video of the UNA commanders and he is on that video

I'm techincally not an XO this year, they just needed pics of players to get those posters going lol

Last edited by Gadget Soldier; 09-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
Last I heard Savoy6 will be on UNA this year. There is a YouTube video of the UNA commanders and he is on that video

I'm techincally not an XO this year, they just needed pics of players to get those posters going lol
I stand corrected. Thanks for the classification.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #63 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
But the missions are to advertise for giant paintball via the Internet social media :rollseyes: while at the field. Which i dont understand how they are possible to complete while at sc village. The non-advetisement missions didn't come with any props, instructions or guidelines which makes it impossible to complete the mission sheet. Thus no points. I dont see how being glued to your smart phone and draining all your battery in the middle of sc village helps the game in anyway.

Before anyone gets mad, the missions arnt exactly secret since giant posted them all over their blog..at this point I'm 150% sure that the "missions" are exactly the same for both teams.

Last edited by socalpumpballer; 09-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.
socalpumpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #64 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

OK this was just posted on Facebook for those of you that are camping so that you all know what's going on.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

This was just posted on the Decay of Nations Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/decayofnations

OK everyone, pre-registration for Decay of Nations VI ends tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct 10 at 12:30 PM.

If you haven't done so, go online to Decay of Nations or call Giant at (562)376-4622!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #66 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Will this be the last Decay of Nations to be held at Sc Village? Krusty from Psycho Klown Posse said it was the last DON in his youtube video.

Do you have any specific info on the player's dinner on Friday at 730pm?

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers

Last edited by paintballedbackin88; 10-10-2012 at 07:03 AM.
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Alrighty everyone, Decay is 2 (or 3) days away! Hope you all have your gear ready, money to spend at the vendors and hydrating to prevent heat injuries!

Speaking of which here are the projected forecast for the weekend in Chino, CA:

The Weather Channel:
Oct 13 - 80 degrees
Oct 14 - 92 degrees

National Weather Service:
Oct 13 - 81 degrees
Oct 14 - 89 degrees

Accuweather:
Oct 13 - 79 degrees
Oct 14 - 85 degrees

It's going to be warm, but not as blistering hot as years past
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #68 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedbackin88 View Post
Will this be the last Decay of Nations to be held at Sc Village? Krusty from Psycho Klown Posse said it was the last DON in his youtube video.

Do you have any specific info on the player's dinner on Friday at 730pm?
My apologies, but the schedule that you see on the first post is old and outdated. I will update it after I finish my reply here.

In regards to the player dinner for the weekend, that is really up in the air, but when I talked to Gio, he is on the fence on doing one because half the people that stay the night bring their own food to cook, yet the other half wants someone else to cook it for them lol. It will be more a last minute decision to see what is the need out there, but I have been told at least for the weekend a food truck will be out there.

Also to answer your question on if this is the last Decay of Nations ... it will be the last that will be called, "Decay of Nations" Next year the title of the game will be different (and possibly take place either in late September or early November)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #69 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Friends don't let friends play southwest scenario games in the summer.

OCT/NOV is a much better time to do these.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #70 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Friends don't let friends play southwest scenario games in the summer.

OCT/NOV is a much better time to do these.
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so glad its in 80's Oct instead if 100's Aug. It was really ugly hot this year too

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games