mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Scenarios and Big Games (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/)
-   -   I can't take it anymore! I NEED a zombie survival scenario game!!! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/211389-i-cant-take-anymore-i-need-zombie-survival-scenario-game.html)

mrfranswa 08-20-2012 01:15 AM

I can't take it anymore! I NEED a zombie survival scenario game!!!

The title says it all,

I don't mean to give a sob story, but hopefully it will get a few pitty points from people on the site. I know a lot of you have probably gone through the exact same thing. Hopefully I can have someone help me out.

I use to play paintball every weekend. It was a fantastic hobby, great exercise, and stress relief, (sometimes I took it a bit far, but I was a kid). I was the guy in the ghillie with a custom marker helping kids learn how to play paintball. College came around, and I always set some money aside for it. I still continued to play. About half-way through I tried to get a job to fund my hobby. Slowly my finances got worse, and I was forced to give it up.

Years passed. I kept on thinking about playing, however due to financial hardship it was never a reality. When I mean poor, I mean homeless poor. Not being able to find a stable job for years is very disheartening, (especially during the recession. Woo boy was that brutal!)

Two years ago I literally took the last 10$ I had to my name, and started a business selling art on ebay. Slowly but surely I was able to make a name for myself. Now, me and my wife are saving to buy our first house in Colorado. We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we finally have a future to look forward to!

It's been countless sleepless nights, (tonight I'm pulling another all-night'er finishing a job). I spend about 60 hours a week working. I love my work, but the stress is starting to get to me. October is coming up soon, and the dream of playing a REAL zombie scenario paintball game is slowly dieing again.

(I actually made a really fun and safe way to play. It's a mix of flag football and lowFPS mag fed markers/pistols).

I need this. I can't go another year dreaming about spending Halloween surviving the zombie apocalypse. I am willing to fly to whichever state a bunch of guys are holding an event at, and playing. Heck, I'm willing to do all the work putting it together!

Can anyone here direct me to a group that holds zombie scenario paintball games? I'd forever be in your debts. I know it's probably too short notice to plan something from scratch, but if anyone has an event they are running that actually has a bunch of people part of it, I'd love to go.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the sob story, but this is really important to me.

alpha434 08-20-2012 01:25 AM

Man! You just missed the World War Z scenario in Colorado by about a week.

O_o

Where is your new house?

mrfranswa 08-20-2012 01:37 AM

Not talking about generic scenarios where people fire paintball guns at one-another, I'm talking about the REAL thing!

Paintball Ultimate Zombie Big Game in Abandoned Warehouse - YouTube

I NEED this....

Also we are leaning towards a rental for a bit in colorado springs. Need to see how much the waldo canyon fire destroyed my favorite place on earth. I went there as a kid, and wanted to buy a house in that little piece of heaven ever since.

alpha434 08-20-2012 01:46 AM

That's a good place for paintball.

Don't forget to hook up with Hooligan's Horde on here for the good local games. Statewide, we have Tunka, too. (tunka.com)

Just out of curiosity... How would the zombies be adequately compensated for... Being zombies?

goober 08-20-2012 01:47 AM

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...th-psi-ny.html

Its not what your specifically looking for but i will throw it out there

mrfranswa 08-20-2012 01:57 AM

It's simple; there are 5 teams. The event has a scenario that needs to be accomplished, and it's 3 zombie teams vs 1, with the 5th team being on break and generally hanging out at the halloween pizza party.

I wrote a huge 5 page document about it.... gosh almost 7 years ago and it got approval by a couple of fields, however nothing came of it. Essentially, it's a mag-fed (max 30rnds) low chrono game of flag football. Players had points that they distributed on their loadout, (pistols cost less points than tippmans with the 30 rnd hopper cap. There were things like paint grenades, lives, etc). Zombies never contact players directly, they only grab flags. It made for some really intense fun.

Hopefully the business will pick up soon so I can devote all my time to this.

Hooligan 08-20-2012 08:19 AM

Oh yes, I am totally down for a zombie game when you get out here. Sounds awesome, given those rules.

I'm a lifer in C/S, 36 years now. Give me a yell if you need help finding a decent rental out here. I do work for a few different area realtors. The fire missed most of the springs, it really looks sad as you go up the highway 24 canyon.

mrfranswa 08-20-2012 09:30 AM

yeah I know. I saw a rental place that looked too good to be true. It had a really scenic overlook...... of the destruction.

If I can get some help getting out to Colorado, I promise I will do whatever I can to get this event running.

(dreams of running an outlaw game in one of the abandoned missile silos near denver)

DrSkeletor 08-22-2012 12:48 PM

I have a phD in Zombietology and have played and produced zombie themed games. It is harder then you think to put together an event like you are talking about

It is hard to find a good venue for this in the states that are willing to deal with the paintball mess.

If you can find a field that is willing to shut it doors down and find enough volunteers willing to be stitched up good luck.

Plus you need to beta test the scenario to make sure it is balanced so that it isn't easy and still not impossible for survivors to win.
It takes a lot of planning and time to do it right.

There is already Undead state, resident Evil High Rolls, and Vipers Resident Evil zombie scenario games In the next couple of months what more did you want?

Come to San Diego for a game I am doing November 10th at Giant Barona. We are doing a Red Sno games based on the movie Ded Sno

mrfranswa 08-23-2012 12:19 PM

Well, I haven't really heard of any of those, however if they are like other events, it's still generic "two teams come and shoot paintballs at one-another". Doesn't really scream zombies to me :). If I'm wrong please let me know so I can go to them.

As far as the concept is concerned, the balance is between firepower, number of zombies, and how respawn is what makes the game either incredibly fun, or a masochists dream. In our testing there hasn't been any problems other than an overzealous zombie player grabbing a bit more than he should have. It's generally as safe as flag football. The colder weather allows zombies to be properly armored to the point there is no pain, (I haven't tested a game yet where a player wasted all their shots on lighting up a zombie), With the full face mask, players can easily tell if they are headshot without any problems. Trust me, as someone who played zombie numerous times, the last thing I want to do is come home covered with welts.

The BIGGEST change is the ammo caps. Most attempted zombie games still play full hoppers which is really crazy. Even in a group of 10-15 players, who would charge someone over open field with a speedball marker with several hundred rounds?

I also completely agree about the venue. Indoors you use waterballs, however it's still difficult to find a place that has the atmosphere, yet is still considered safe. Is there anyone in the colorado springs/denver area willing to lend me a hand with getting something off the ground for halloween? I don't know the area very well, and would welcome assistance.

Finally, it's really not about winning. Generally we just party and eat pizza. It's something different to do. Besides, we've all dreamed about doing this.