mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #111 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
Man, I guess you are really missing my point. I have NO DESIRE to do any of that crap. I just want to show my card, not wait in a 100 person line, get my tape and play the game. As do the VAST MAJORITY of players. Only a very small percent want to be crafty and distort the game, but the entire 1000+ players are being made to jump through hoops for a few people. The notion that it can't be circumvented however desperately makes me want to do it, just so I can say I told you so.

And I just want to make sure I understand the way things are issued for spies, as I said, I've never played one, so that could be a cause of misunderstanding. But this Trailgunner spy with the faux character card, he also had the correct color laminated card to match his fake character card?
I don't know who you were there. But I was there. I walked up and only had my laminated card. I got sent back to my car, and I made a bit of gruff about it with the general. I promptly walked 10 feet, took my buddies card. He ran up, said I ran back to the car, asked if I could skip the line since I already waited in it once. General said yes. I walked up, showed him the character card that was still folded into fourths, and I got taped.

On Saturday, I most definitely got taped by our general. On Sunday morning, I got taped, again by our general, on my T-shirt without showing either my laminated card or my character card. I asked if I needed them again, and he said no, he remembered me.

Lets just hope you weren't the green general, in which case this notion that you were 100% thorough is an utter lie.

I guess if using logic makes me a spoiled brat, then so be it. But as you have so readily pointed out for me, all the methods of circumventing the team assignment and bypassing the taping process are against the rules and can result in a card punch, then we can't very well lose the general to someone breaking the rules now can we?

I agree with that, but keep in mind that attention to detail and anal retentive are not the same thing.

I think the ID and taping process went entirely overboard for a game, you think it was justified. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
The laminated cards are identical for everyone playing unless I missed something this year. There is no difference in color. I think that's the part you're stuck on. The role cards are team colored, they are the same color annually but the cards themselves change. It's easy enough to check, being complacent would allow a spy or another teams player to infiltrate with a previous years card. All part of the fun.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.

Last edited by Deuce; 12-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The laminated cards are identical for everyone playing unless I missed something this year. There is no difference in color. I think that's the part you're stuck on.
They weren't. My buddy had an orange laminated card and took it back to Jackie to exchange for a green one.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
I never took a folded card, all were asked to open to verify they said "Guardians" on them.
I watched the video, it was definitely you that taped me, and I definitely did not unfold the card and have it read. Sorry. Guess I'm only making it worse for next year.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I figured it was me, but don't remember anyone showing me a folded card. Then again, i'm 47 so my maybe my mind is slipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The laminated cards are identical for everyone playing unless I missed something this year. There is no difference in color.
They are also color coded based on your side, North = Orange, South = Green
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games