mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think the point halo is making is that if you are going to hike prices why not equally why such a heavy hand with first strikes? It's hard not to interpret that as some sort of statemen . And forcing people to buy your product either by rule or by circumstances and than charging more than the market value of that product IS gouging

Regardless ill probably be there.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I think the point halo is making is that if you are going to hike prices why not equally why such a heavy hand with first strikes? It's hard not to interpret that as some sort of statemen . And forcing people to buy your product either by rule or by circumstances and than charging more than the market value of that product IS gouging

Regardless ill probably be there.
They have had no issues, and no complaints, about the first strikes for the last few games. And knowing the OXCC guys, I would not attribute this to "making a statement."

And no one is forcing anyone to buy first strikes, you can shoot normal paint like everyone else.

Again, your idea of gouging is laughable. Places need to make money, there are costs to run a business. When you sell 1000 cases of regular paint, you only make X per case. But then you only sell 100 cases of FS paint. And your stating your market price, not the market price. The equilibrium price is what the market will bear, not what you want it to bear.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Did I miss the part where people are forced by gun point to purchase them?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
They have had no issues, and no complaints, about the first strikes for the last few games. And knowing the OXCC guys, I would not attribute this to "making a statement."

And no one is forcing anyone to buy first strikes, you can shoot normal paint like everyone else.

Again, your idea of gouging is laughable. Places need to make money, there are costs to run a business.
than include that price in the cost to play not the cost for one specific type of paint. Either way as I said I'll probably be there. And there's no hard feelings almost all of the scenarios I've seen do it. But I still don't feel that it's right. And no we arnt being forced at gun point. I'm just agreeing with halo that it's Interesting how one product is marked up and another isn't. I get harbingers explanation. In this case I probably won't have my first strike marker up and running by than however if I did. The hike in prices makes it just that much harder to justify spending my money there and not somewhere else
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Oh wait someone must have got a "full auto first strike platform marker"
Some how I remember the age old debate of "its the player not the marker"

The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

No, it's the hammer 7. Simply can't afford the smaller things that will make it function the way id want it to. Your right it is the player not the marker. I'm the player and I won't use the marker unless it set up how I like it. Until than I have my trracer. But I really don't know what your digging at.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Pricing for First strikes are:
$30 for a 40 round box.
$60 for a 100 round box
$80 for a 100 round box and a bag of Valken Redemption.

The First Strikes are there and the cost to shoot them is relative to the cost to provide them. As with any business all sales contribute to overhead remediation. The fact of the matter is that OXCC is a growing operation and the money made goes directly back into the field. If you come to the field game in and game out you will see the work being done as the field gets bigger and better. First Strikes are an option and careful consideration was put into pricing them in a manner where we could afford provide them to players.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Kinda like the combined pricing for the fs and bag of paint. That's rather unique
Good for say someone who is using like a fs marker and a backup pistol or what have you. I can dig that
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Kinda like the combined pricing for the fs and bag of paint. That's rather unique
Good for say someone who is using like a fs marker and a backup pistol or what have you. I can dig that
It's what I normally buy.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Giver of Hugs

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! CLICK HERE!!!!

As an added bonus to those who take advantage of the EARLY BIRD registration period, there will be a drawing for 5 free entries and 5 cases of event paint to the next "Sedition" scenario on May 18th!

"It is estimated that bears kill over two million salmon a year. Attacks by salmon on bears are much more rare."
Comfymumfy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games