mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Scenarios and Big Games (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/)
-   -   Is it too early? (SuperGame Small Talk) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/222857-too-early-supergame-small-talk.html)

Hawkeye20 01-06-2013 10:58 PM

Is it too early? (SuperGame Small Talk)

Is it too early to be excited about SuperGame 45?

It'll be my first SG, SO PUMPED!!!

I created an event (Facebook) for MCB members to RSVP to, that way we can all track who is coming and meet up!
EVENT LINK

Washington reign 01-06-2013 11:14 PM

SG 35 happened a few years ago....

LilShank 01-06-2013 11:26 PM

Yeah, we're at 45 now :)

LT. 01-07-2013 08:47 AM

I was at SG37.... Red for the Win.............

Hawkeye20 01-07-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Washington reign (Post 2584564)
SG 35 happened a few years ago....

Whoops, hit the wrong key.

Fixxxer 01-11-2013 12:49 AM

Very excited about this event!!!

Squall409 01-11-2013 01:44 AM

No, me and my brother have been talking about it for a few months now. :D

Hawkeye20 01-11-2013 12:59 PM

So here's a question for all in attendance.

How much money are you budgeting for, on top of planned expenses?

Basically, you've got registration, paint, gas money, food/food money, etc.

But what about extra "holy crap, that's a good deal" or "omfg I want that sooo bad" money?

I'm budgeting ~$250 for the whole thing. $130 of that is registration, paint (one case), the free dinner, and some of the extra pre-order deals you can throw in with registration. Another $45-50 for gas (carpooling), and then the rest will be for concessions and extra money.

__EDIT__
I also created an event (Facebook) for MCB members to RSVP to, that way we can all track who is coming and meet up!
EVENT LINK

super_stanchy 01-11-2013 01:07 PM

How all of my minions do it...

Entry
Case of paint
Pool Money for food $20-30ish

I buy the meals for our whole group, and do 2 dinners, 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts, snacks and water

I bring a grill, last year one of the guys made pulled pork, we reheated it on the BBQ, toasted some buns and brought some coleslaw, we do brats and dogs, cinnamon rolls (warmed up on the grill) and a few other things

bring a flashlight or two.... we always forget em or dont have enough

a decent walkie helps for on field too, if you want

i will have power at the SSC booth, if anybody wants to charge their phones etc :)

also... deal wise... im doin a basement purge, i will be LIQUIDATING all of my extra gear, pants, long sleeves, pod packs, masks, pods, guns, hoppers, etc, everything will be used, everything will be dirt cheap! so bring lots of money, and pack space efficient so you can take it all home!

xxerexx 01-11-2013 06:08 PM

Personally except for something like what super_stanchy is doing or the swap meets I have run into one amazing deal from the vendors. I'm not banking on Valken offering their free meal again so I'm planning simple cheap meals for all but Saturday night which will probably be a nice group meal done by my team.

I'm budgeting about the same as you Hawkeye, I'll be running renegade though so more will be spent on paint. I keep a reserve of cash I can spend (most vendors take cards) in case something disastrous happens.