mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Scenarios and Big Games (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/)
-   -   Operation Red Risk (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/226304-operation-red-risk.html)

TGE 02-14-2013 02:07 PM

Operation Red Risk

Full details at 68paint.com

2019: Russia becomes the largest failed state in modern times.

Shortly after the turn of the century, signs started to manifest that Russia’s apparent stability was untenable. With its political and economic systems exhausted, its rulers had grown rigid and were mired in corruption. For years, the Russian government’s budget had become more dependent than ever on oil and gas. Energy revenue paid for more than half of government spending. In 2012, President Vladimir Putin compounded the problem by promising vast new outlays: a doubling of the wages of doctors, police, and teachers; higher payments to families; and $790 billion in new defense spending. However, with the development of large, new oil and gas reserves in Europe and the United States, along with further progress of clean energy technology, the prospect for export revenues quickly dimmed. Meanwhile, criminal networks within the Kremlin infected every part of the bureaucracy, siphoning off billions of dollars in what should have been public revenues.

The Russian government quickly found itself unable to meet even the most basic needs of its citizens. Widespread food and water shortages swept throughout the nation and a lack of medical care was a concern in even the most populous of cities. Unemployment rates soared and gasoline became nearly non-existent in a country that had only years prior been a top exporter of oil.

In 2016, an uprising rapidly lead to civil war after outspoken government critic, Nikolay Speransky, was killed by Russian troops during a protest in Moscow. Farmers, factory workers and businessmen alike all took up arms against the government in the following weeks. Some government troops inevitably left their posts as well and joined the rebel cause after going unpaid for months. The fighting spread like an unchecked cancer, crippling what remained of the economy as the world stood by, unable to agree upon an appropriate action. By 2019, both sides had fought each other to exhaustion with no practical end in sight. As NATO finally prepared to send in troops to quell the violence, it was at this time that a despairing Moscow contacted Beijing with a request for assistance. China, not wanting to see western influence flourish on its doorstep, offered to send support if Russia was willing to parcel off some of its eastern territories after the conflict in order to provide land to China’s growing population. Russia, desperate to regain control, agreed.

Instead of mop-up operations against weary government troops, NATO suddenly found themselves eyeball to eyeball with a very determined and very powerful, People’s Liberation Army. As new fighting ignited, the state of the country was that of a fractured nation composed of many territories with no discernible front line. Some areas were held by Russian troops and the PLA, while others were held by rebel forces as NATO raced to reinforce and secure those areas. The result of the conflict, which became known as Operation Red Risk to the western world, would shape global power and politics for the next century.

On May 4th, join Three Rivers Paintball and .68 Caliber Productions as NATO and PLA forces lock horns to establish control in the former Soviet nation.

GhostLeader 101 02-15-2013 04:14 AM

I'll be first to say. With Battlefront closing which was located in Hubbard Ohio, this will probably be a battlefront verses Three Rivers game. So plz come out and support your field. And play some ball with a new crowd of ppl.
I and my brother will be going. I believe Nato which is Battlefront team.

ger 03-12-2013 05:06 PM

Can't wait to see some "old" friends. Of course I'll be playing alongside the Front regulars, but looking forward to playing against a bunch of TRP guys I've played alongside or interacted w/ (on various forums) -should be a great day of play.

Love that 68 is running a game here - been looking forward to playing at this field. I've been trying for years to get down there but MM's game schedule always seemed to interfere w/ Front games. Not a problem anymore, unfortunately.

Riddler 03-12-2013 06:43 PM

Hyarr!

I think the 'us vs. them' thing is overblown, and really only stems from 68-caliber picking people that both players contingents might recognize. I just want to play paintball.

robtown 03-12-2013 09:32 PM

Apparently no FSR due to some lame insurance

InZaneFlea 05-03-2013 12:02 PM

So uh, this is tomorrow.

Just saying.

MeaT ShielD 05-03-2013 12:17 PM

I'll be there!! :) Preregd as PLA!! Call sign is PRIEST of the Highlanders!! If you see me come say hi!!

It's going to be my first time playing a Battlefront style, all day game!! Def excited! haha

Riddler 05-03-2013 05:50 PM

See y'all tomorrow. I'll be the goof in the hawaiian shirt - grab me and say hi!