mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

brain failure on PGP valve repair

How to feel like a newbee.
I was going through my old gun box this weekend and found 2 old sheridans where the whole valve cartrage assembly has been removed. I know I used to do this stuff all the time but they have been in my box for at least 10 years now and the old gray matter isn't like it used to be.
Name:  jsw_pgp_cartrage_1.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  jsw_pgp_cartrage_2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  49.9 KB

If memory serves, the ring goes over the CO2 reciever and into the brass chamber. This is then pressed into the lower tube of the gun from the front until it stops at the threaded seat for the valve body from the back. Question is, what keeps it there? The tension from the valve spring will overcome friction and shoot it out. Also if that is all there is, why the O-ring on the front side of the CO2 reciever?
The PGP is stock but the PMI 1 has been side taped so it's brass chamber will not be comming out without removing the fitting first and I don't think that is needed.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Since you already have the front part out I would recommend putting the whole valve assembly in as one piece with the valve, valve oring, cupseal, spring and valve retaining screw.

What I do is I assemble the valve parts together with the 3 pieces that you already have out on a sheridan valve tool and then stick them in through the back of the body holding the body upside down.
I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Also the front Oring which is on the steel piece which touches the 12 gram seals the front of the valve and the back oring which goes in between the brass housing (shown in your pic) and the valve seals the back of the valve.
-Dan
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

the pieces you have in the pics are installed from the back of the gun. not through the front as you have shown in your pic.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

here's a pic of all the valve pieces in the order that they go.

note: the black o-ring that seals the back of the valve is still stuck to the brass sleeve in my pic.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks guys, That makes more sense. The puzzling thing is the side taped PMI1. As I recall, the fitting goes through the brass sleeve. The fitting is still in the gun but the steel CO2 interface is removed. I guess I may have to remove the fitting to get it back in. This is the gun that started life as a Mac-1 Avenger so I really didn't want to mess with it any more than I needed. I will also need to find an oxy setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Not to steal a thread, or ask a dumb question, but that c-clip looking part, what in the heck does that actually do? And on that note, my PMI 1 seems to shoot fine after removal (Ie didn't know where it went exactly...). Is it actually needed?

-Butch
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Not to steal a thread, or ask a dumb question, but that c-clip looking part, what in the heck does that actually do? And on that note, my PMI 1 seems to shoot fine after removal (Ie didn't know where it went exactly...). Is it actually needed?

-Butch
it just holds the brass sleeve on the steel chamber plug piece. i don't think it'll hurt anything to not have it. having it just makes it easier to install the valve i guess.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Thanks, put my mind at ease.

-Butch
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan