mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Anyone have measurements for Sheridans?

I'm really thinking on making my own Paladin-style Sheridan - it's not looking like PPS will make me one the way I want it - and I don't have anything to take measurements from anymore, now that my SB is gone.

I'll be making it from some of Tymcneer's tubing once I have the necessary cash scraped together, and it looks like I'll be using a cartridge valve if I can find someone who has one, but I need measurements so I can cut everything I need to before assembly.

Anyone?

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
I've porked many

What measurements do you need ?

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
The more I think of it, the more I'm leaning towards having to measure everything once I have all the parts in hand.... It's going to be a custom build, with two tubes equal in length, 12 gram in lower tube, probably side-spring feed (10 balls).... I haven't worked out all the details yet, partly because I can't make up my mind if I want to do this or just buy a PMI-1 and mod it. Probably the cheapest way, but not as satisfying.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

Old 12-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Simply buy PMI-1/PGP/P68, mod it and then when will be more experienced, think once again about your idea of making own sheridan marker.

Imho you will find, that it is useless - soldered sheridans can be modified extensively (beyond all recognition) and there is not the reason, why do not use the parts what are available on market and from which are some hard (or better to say expensive) to manufacture in single-part production.

Last edited by 3022; 12-25-2009 at 04:56 PM.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

For old style PGP and ZGP-94 I have nearly all essential parts in 2D cad, but dimensions are in milimetres here, and Im not sure that it will be realy helpfull for you.

Simply buy some old sheridan for good price. You will get parts cheaper than it it is possible manufacture the new.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3022 View Post
For old style PGP and ZGP-94 I have nearly all essential parts in 2D cad, but dimensions are in milimetres here, and Im not sure that it will be realy helpfull for you.

Simply buy some old sheridan for good price. You will get parts cheaper than it it is possible manufacture the new.
Canada's on the Metric system as well, you know.

Jordan

Old 12-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Canada's on the Metric system as well, you know.

Jordan
To be honest, I didn't know that :-). Interesting. It looks that you are more progressive than other anglo-american countries... :-)

In can send you the file in Acad R14 format, but Im not sure If it will be helpfull for you - I do not have Cad on my own computer now (only in job) so I can not modify the file now (chrismas holidays bis 4th January) and that what is here now is only that what was important for me and on other side there are many other parts (my custom parts and some designs - different valves, bolts, valve from NewHammer and Tigershark... design of refilable powerlet... simply creative chaos without guarantee).
Old 12-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3022 View Post
To be honest, I didn't know that :-). Interesting. It looks that you are more progressive than other anglo-american countries... :-)
We've been metric since oh, about 1977, maybe?

Appreciate the help - if you can transfer the files into something I can read, that would be a tremendous help.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

rcpaintball has cartridge valves. Product Detail

Sunshaker's Feedback
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshaker View Post
rcpaintball has cartridge valves. Product Detail
I know he has them - but his shipping rates are rediculous. He and I have already discussed them.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan