mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSs_FR View Post
The bouncing. Will have to check my hammer, and drill it. Couldn't be bad even on a stock KP, right?
KP2 Hammer will be hard to drill though, I tried...I sent it out to have an airsmith do the dirty work for me.
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
Good to know, thanks... I see your thread about it, that's very interesting.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

Ironchef, How do you orient the valve piece so that the hole lines up with the air passage in the body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Alternator Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
Ironchef, How do you orient the valve piece so that the hole lines up with the air passage in the body?
Not sure how he has his, but my SB has a hole drilled in the top tube down to the valve port. I just stick a allen key down through there and into the port on the valve guide and then tighten the nut. As I am sure you are now wondering, no air leaks out of the hole.
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

RTP Fan
I drilled a hole in the bottom tube, directly below the transfer/valve port. Top tube would also work, but bottom tube you have to tap it for a set screw. Set screw ensures that the valve will stay in place, although it sounds like the valve doesn't really move at all once it's tightened down.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

yeah, drilling a hole through the bottom is the best way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most p-tunes use additional solder applied to the sides of the gas transfer tube externally. They build it up and then drill it out.
It is possible to drill out a gas port on a body with little solder in the joint and end up having a hole open externally.
BretG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Advantage of the resoldering method (where you put here new, larger tube and solder that again) is that you can improve the airflow really terrifically. The only limitation is here the valve body and paintball dimensions.

This hole was created with discharged .45 ACP cartridge, deformed to oval:

Internal dimensions are here ~7x14mm (.276" x .551"). The Airflow is here 6,6x larger than in stock Sheridan with 4mm (.157") hole.

For comparsion, this is resoldered stock Sheridan with the 4mm stock hole and above is discharged .22 LR carridge - with 5.2mm (.20") ID, similar like in many "drilled" Sheridans:

And the difference between them:

...such like "small differences" affecting naturally likewise the optimal form of other parts. With such like port between of the tubes, the Valve body with only one oppening on diameter can be even disadvantageous - the modified stock valve body with four holes and channel on diameter can be better here, because you can use thier "many-sided" flow. And the hammer and springs are affected similary - you can use hammer and springs whith are unusable in other markers.

Last edited by 3022; 05-01-2010 at 04:02 PM.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post

Here is a picture of some of the valve work I've done. I plugged the 3 holes not showing, and put JB weld into the 'trench' around the valve.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/.../download8.jpg

Nice work. I have considered such like thing for nearly impossible or so difficult, so it will be less practical than make new valve body.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Interesting 3022!!! That is something I may have to try sometime...I assume you needed to create a new bolt to accompany the larger flow? What kind of springs have you been able to use with that .45 acp shell port? Do you have a pic of the bolt you use?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan