mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Peter AKA warfrat, recommends turning the the valve nut backwards so you feel sort of a click before you start to screw in the valve nut. doing that, lets you know that you have it square with the threads and you won't crossthread it.

PPS has the nuts and www.jgairguns.biz will have them as well.

i'd for sure drill a hole for an allen wrench in your tool. that maybe part of your problem in getting it back together. it would be hard to do it without the T-handle.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Location: Ewing NJ (find Trenton, then run North as fast as you can)

I've got 2 PGP's that I'm going to be replacing cup seals and valves on. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. god invented me to stick with music and computers but to STAY away from trying to fix anything with more than 3 parts.
I know that there was some sort of online guide or "how-to" for this but I'm not sure who created it, was it Kampfer? Anyone have that URL per chance?

Another stupid question while I'm at it, is there a recommended way to strip of the finish and expose that sexy brassy goodness underneath or should I just use heavy grit sandpaper and a metal file?(J/K)
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Phantom, no harm taken, I didn't think I replied in angst (internet doesn't allow for any 'intonation' in your online 'voice'). Thank you for the help, if that clear it up!

As for backing the nut up, I tried that before inserting the nut, like I said I'm mechanically inclined, so I think my problem was pushing too hard and forcing it into the threads, since I couldn't tell how much pressure I was placing on it due to the strong spring pressure.

Second: As for the pringle screw, I have the valve in correctly, and then realized I forgot the pringle screw. However, when I tried to put it in its spot, it wouldn't go in the hole due to the valve stem being in the way. So I backed out the valve guts, put the pringle screw in, then put the guts in again (opposite your method). However, all the pieces of the valve cleared the pringle screw just fine, so I don't think that way my problem. However, how do you get the pringle screw in when the valve is already installed? I haven't figured that one out yet...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

i just got through putting in a new pringle screw in a kp with the valve in it. i guess i got lucky because i just dropped the pringle down the tube and it fell right into place. it wasn't hard at all.

here's a link to valve nuts. there's a $9 minimum shipping charge though, so you might want to get a list of some spare parts to order with the nut to make it worth it.

http://jgairguns.biz/catalog/product...oducts_id=8877
Old 04-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks for the link, Chad, I just ordered a few parts from him and didn't include those. I'll have to go to Palmers I guess. I need parts from them too...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

no problem man...

i know how it is, it's seems that just one store never has all the parts you need and you have to place more than one order. oh well... at least you'll have the parts you need.

good luck on gettin' her put back together.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I have a brass barrel on my Hammer... does that count?

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
ONX

the next piece of brass on my hit list is a side feed kp oh yeah I want to have a KL built soooo bad
ONX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Z50
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONX
the next piece of brass on my hit list is a side feed kp oh yeah I want to have a KL built soooo bad
ONX, the "brass black hole" doesn't have a KP2SC ?? This does not compute!
Z50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to SpyyMarket1978 Send a message via Yahoo to SpyyMarket1978

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Does this count as Sheridan brass goodness?

Sheridan Blue Streak and Sheridan Model F

The Model F will see Palmer someday to have a bolt action put onto it.

-SpyyMarket

Last edited by SpyyMarket1978; 04-06-2006 at 04:16 AM.
SpyyMarket1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan