mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada...or somewhere above it

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Browne View Post
And Party. You scared? Perhaps you oughta be . Do we need to explain " Taking the piss" ?
Scared?
Maybe a little sadened to see them not stay in their original condition but really you could toss the lot of them in a woodchiper and it wouldn't be of any real consequence to me at all.
However if you don't at least look for and take some offers like Stuffy's for one and hack 'em all to hell then back, well not only are you doing yourself a diservice but it's much like sanding down and restaining an antique table.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sth Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
Scared?
Maybe a little sadened to see them not stay in their original condition but really you could toss the lot of them in a woodchiper and it wouldn't be of any real consequence to me at all.
However if you don't at least look for and take some offers like Stuffy's for one and hack 'em all to hell then back, well not only are you doing yourself a diservice but it's much like sanding down and restaining an antique table.

Perhaps I'm a little over sensitive about these posts. But who said anything about hacking them? Perhaps I'm not writing clearly enough, but you aren't getting what our intentions are. We/I have asked for help on what the best way to progress with these is. But you still seem to yarp on about them being ruined Help us out a little here please. What is the preferred path for a Nth American market?

And as for offers its a catch 22. No point taking them if we cant deliver. Stuffys offer has been noted as will others. But whats the point teeing up deals if we cant get them out of country, our laws are a little more restrictive than yours in case you aren't aware.

Any how. Foldadoom. Any idea where the relief/fill mod was done? There seems to be no discernable difference or alteration to the tube finishes. Was that a Sheridan thing? Or a third party?

Last edited by J.Browne; 05-27-2010 at 03:17 AM.
J.Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs
 
Stuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MD&Philly
Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
You may be able to talk to PPS to work as a third party to try and bring these back to the US. I know they often work as a third party for deals.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Did the movie have a plot... were the actors good? I have no idea because I was enjoying the weirdness of the effects in my "enhanced" state and missed the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sth Oz

I think we both have 3rd parties arranged for when the time comes Stuffy.

The problem is more at our end in regards to the number of guns you can buy and sell in a 12 month period having a cap, de-registering them, brokers and such. We are still trying to nail down a definitive answer on what the process actually is and how much its all going to cost.

On a side note regarding custom stuff it has to have a trigger safety and serial number in order for it to be imported over here. Just something to keep in mind if everything works out.
J.Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs
 
Stuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MD&Philly
Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
All the guns I make have serial numbers and a trigger safety if the user desires it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Did the movie have a plot... were the actors good? I have no idea because I was enjoying the weirdness of the effects in my "enhanced" state and missed the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sth Oz

Sweeeeeet!

And I imagine "untouched" would be your preferred flavour from our end?

Last edited by J.Browne; 05-27-2010 at 03:57 AM.
J.Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs
 
Stuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MD&Philly
Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Yes sir.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Did the movie have a plot... were the actors good? I have no idea because I was enjoying the weirdness of the effects in my "enhanced" state and missed the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
.
 
ironchef97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD

RTP Fan
Dudes!!!! There is more than 1 original Long KP2? And it's really a Long K2 to boot?!?!?!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ache-kpl-s.jpg

Wow! Someone needs to vintage rex this! I'm really curious as to the origin of the Long K2!
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #39 (permalink)
Mod/mod
 
Drum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trenchtown

Fan of EMR
Took a stab at reeling out the legend of the long K2 as I know it in your other thread, IC.

D
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Browne View Post
Perhaps I'm a little over sensitive about these posts. But who said anything about hacking them? Perhaps I'm not writing clearly enough, but you aren't getting what our intentions are. We/I have asked for help on what the best way to progress with these is. But you still seem to yarp on about them being ruined Help us out a little here please. What is the preferred path for a Nth American market?

And as for offers its a catch 22. No point taking them if we cant deliver. Stuffys offer has been noted as will others. But whats the point teeing up deals if we cant get them out of country, our laws are a little more restrictive than yours in case you aren't aware.

Any how. Foldadoom. Any idea where the relief/fill mod was done? There seems to be no discernable difference or alteration to the tube finishes. Was that a Sheridan thing? Or a third party?
email me at home, on ACC at the moment (shoulder recon struction, and a bicep reattachment....so bored nutless) pm me for it (or I think its in my sig) it might be easier to get them here then out to the USA....my 2 cents, hell I might even be in Auz around Nov flights are so cheap and its been years since I went to Sea world keep the ankle bitters happy.

I do know some went over there in the late 80.s and this might have been around the time there was a national comp a chap called Steve C was making his .62 markers here (the 1200 and the commando, later sold as the stinger I think in North America)

I would need to see the end caps as the fill mode was done here but we in Auckland made a nice tidy job of it, I think yours might have come out of Christchurch and be a bit rougher, but usually its Cali style hose with an on off for filling..........but drop me a line and we can talk.

Cheers Grant
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC