mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefdave
Yes. It's not too hard to change out a pump.
No doubt, thanks for the clarification.

So have we determined whether this is a one-of-a-kind or not?
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Some Info:

Was made by a Benjamin Sheridan Employee as a Prototype. Has a long barrel, (will have to measure it next time I see it) and a side tube feed (Holds 21-23 balls IIRC). It does seem have pellet rifle style sights. It takes 2 12 grams in the normal location, first one goes nipple end in first, second one goes in butt end first. The cap has a piercer on it for the top 12 gram, and another piercer in the bottom, which is an insta-pierce type set-up. It also has the blled knob to release pressure or fool your opponet into thinking your changing 12 grams. It is pristine and it was tested out awhile back, and is tested over a chrono every 2-3 years or so. It is on display at G-Force paintball in Fairview heights Ilinois, near St. Louis. And yes he is a horder of the highest magnitude. He *Does* own a Phoenix also........................

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via ICQ to Zerochance

Okay. So what does he know about this beast? Is it a one of a kind? Special ordered maybe? Tell him to quit teasing us.

www.scarecrow-paintball.com Vintage Pumpgun Custom Work and Restoration.
Zerochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Update:

Barrel length, 18"

Ball capacity: 27-28 balls

Another part of the story I forgot to mention, It is possible that Tim MacMurray built it for Benjamin Sheridan. The owners gonna contact him and get some more info. At one time a Benjamin Sheridan factory was located in or near St.Louis, the person it was bought from, acquired it from a former factory employee, that metioned that either HE built it or they had it built, it isnt clear EXACTLY which way yet. Supposedly Mac-1 was gonna build 70 of them, but that obviously didnt happen, as one is all that has ever been seen. The current owner will research it more when he can.

Zerochance: Just go by the shop and see it for yourself, next time your up this way........

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via ICQ to Zerochance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O
Update:

Barrel length, 18"

Ball capacity: 27-28 balls

Another part of the story I forgot to mention, It is possible that Tim MacMurray built it for Benjamin Sheridan.
<snip>
The current owner will research it more when he can.

Zerochance: Just go by the shop and see it for yourself, next time your up this way........

Shane-O
Thanks for the head's up. I've been wondering about that beast since the first time I saw the pic. I credited having seen it on Mcarterbrown but I think I may be mistaken, I may have seen in on PGPOG. Memory isn't what it used to be. I do remember discussing it on mcarterbrown.

Tim MacMurray is pretty easy to get along with. An email sent his way would probably confirm their involvment with this interesting and appearently unique marker. Glad to see that it has survived unaltered all this time. Obviously it is in good hands.

I'll have to pop by next time I'm up that way. I'll probably be attending a scenario game or two with the 24th there abouts later this year.

www.scarecrow-paintball.com Vintage Pumpgun Custom Work and Restoration.
Zerochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

So, did Podup365 just purchase this marker ? Because in the sheridan picture thread he seems to have it on his carpet...

He also seems to be talking about it like he's got it in his hands.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

those pictures a year or two old and were taken at the shop at which it resides.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to dr_dan

podup365 is only a local resident to the shop where it resides, much like myself. I highly doubt that the owner would ever let it go. And yes, Chefdave is right -- he has quite the collection.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

yes he does. when I was living down there I could spend hours at his shop, he has some other very interesting guns as well.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerochance
http://www.paintballcity.org/forums/...p?t=655&page=2

Not mine. Its podup365.com's. The previously thought mythical "KP Long" known only from a photo seen on mcarterbrown.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefdave
The owner (a MCB member BTW) is holding the gun and is not podup365. I've fondled this baby and it is mint as can be. You have to sweet talk him into pulling it out of the glass case.

Azzy - both guns pictured are the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Power
So, did Podup365 just purchase this marker ? Because in the sheridan picture thread he seems to have it on his carpet...

He also seems to be talking about it like he's got it in his hands.
Aye, both guns pictured are the same. I am not the owner, but it was in my hands. The guy holding it in the B&W photo is the owner and will likely be the owner till the day he passes from this earth and we pry it from his cold, lifeless fingers. That photo was taken on the day he purchased it, many moons ago.

I agree with Chefdave, he is a shameless hoarder of all things paintball. I am fortunate to have him living close by.

I am only the messenger, having "sweet talked" him into taking the color photos of this brass and wood .68 cal. wonderment so I could post them online for you guys to drool over. The color pictures were taken in his shop, on the carpet there.
podup365.com is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan