mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

New too the PGP. Many Q's

I just finally got myself a pump to get better at team practices and to shoot less paint. I got an older cartridge style PGP. Beat up but a performer. I do though have a few simple questions.

Is there supposed to be a trigger return spring?

Is there supposed to be an anti double cocking mechanism?

Where can I get a new safty piece?

When I grab my grip tightly the two panels twist apart even tightened down?

Is ~25 shots at ~280 FPS good?

Where can I get a quick changer from?
buzzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is there supposed to be a trigger return spring?

A: Yes, here is a diagram from PGPOG: http://www.pgpog.org/brass/partlist/pgpa2.jpg

Is there supposed to be an anti double cocking mechanism?

A: No, you have to be careful about that unless you WANT to shoot two balls at once.

Where can I get a new safety piece?

A: Sometimes whole grips come up for sale here on MCB. If you are just missing the BB and spring, you can use a piece of O-Ring and a dog tag bead. If you need the whole thing, check Bacci's parts post and see if he has any left.

Bacci's 06 Sale, Updated 10-25-06 with more parts

When I grab my grip tightly the two panels twist apart even tightened down?

A: Tape? I think there may be a frip pin missing but I could be confusing this with AutoMag grips. If you run across the soft rubber grips, pick them up. They are a big improvement anyways. Or you could fix both the safety AND the grip slip problem by fitting a Mag or Cocker grip to your Sheridan. (Let the modifying begin)

Is ~25 shots at ~280 FPS good?

A: Superb, I used to be happy for 20 at 240-260 fps.

Where can I get a quick changer from?

A: Palmers or Wevo

Palmers Pursuit Shop

(All the way down to the bottom of this page) Stock Class & Pump Paintball Markers & Gear at Wevo Paintball
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Forgot one question. What is the best way to deal with the pball stopper being lost. Today I tied a small wire to the stopper and to the pump arm but by the end of the day the wire had broken and I think it may have been scratching my body up.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, shooting two balls simoultaneously is completley up to your discretion .

As far as the grip and safety go, I would stay away from a modified frame, at least till you get used to the configuration and design; unless you find one pre-made for a good price. If you ask around it should be dead easy to find someone with a replacement frame with all the proper guts for a pretty good price. On these sheridan frames, there is a pin that does stick out on both sides and secures the grips via a small hole, but I have found that on well-used frames, that small hole tends to get worn out to the point of almost non-existance. It may be that the grips are worn in that fashion or that the pin is missing (unlikley because it is also part of the trigger mechanism).

Quick changers should also be easy to aquire through here same way as the the frame. Just post a "wtb"

On a final note, we need to see some pictures .

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, no pics yet. Here is a vid though click me
Old 04-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

for the safety, try crosman, they didnt make the old style pgp, but they made yours, and the later pgp2k, and all use the same safety, most of thier parts are about a buck a piece and the shipping is a flat $4, i know they also carry both styles of co2 nuts, so they should also carry ammo tube plugs, though i usually make something out of wood...on the grip, you may need a longer sear pin, i usually use a piece of #10 galvy grid wire cut down with a dremel...
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

You can ghetto a Fasst changer with a couple of nickels super glued on the end of the stock changer plug. Make sure you have enough threads to hold the 12 gram in securely. It's not as good but it might get you by until you can aquire one here.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Ruckus Fox

I highly recommend that you get a shotgun cleaning rod, some small piece of cloth (old bedsheets work fine) and a cleaning solution like a "Remoil pad" or "Hoppes Number 9" and run those through the three cylinders every once in a while. It cleans out gunk, residue, and keeps the inside spick and span. Just be sure to run a dry one through after running the moist one through. =) And be sure to get the feed tube really well. I remember when I got my PGP...when I ran it through....UCK! It had all kinds of nasty crap in there. By doing this, you'll not only insure that none of the balls will be stuck in the feedtube, but you can also carry the stuff along with you (to the field) after a game in case you have a major breakage. Just use the metal end to fish out the shell of the paintball (if you need to) and then run the swab through.

--Ruckus

Feedback
Ruckus Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I guess I misworded a question, is there a pump return spring or should I just be albe to continue to cock it effortlessly?

Also anybody know about the pball tube plug string?

Old 04-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

You're missing the BBs from the bolt. Not a real problem. Some people take them out to make the pump stroke easier. You just need to hold it forward when you shoot if you don't want the bolt to blow back (controversial about whether or not that hurts the velocity or not).

When you are talking about the "pball tube plug string" I take you are asking where it goes? I ran mine through the center of the plug (a knot on the inside should hold it there) and hooked it to the rear trigger frame screw. Make sure it doesn't get in the way of the pump rod. I have just tied it to the pump rod too.

Make sure the barrel is nice and smooth where the "porting" is on the end. You don't want any rough spots there!

Good shooting.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan