mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target View Post
if you have a PGP and you pierce the cartridge before screwing the plug in.... well, you can get some impressive aerobatics too
Get bored much up in Canada??

I would have never thought of that. I think I will forget to mention that to my son. Pictures in my mind of him and his friends have 12 gram battles in the woods when they run out of paintballs...........

Not good.

I would have to:
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The one seal that venting the 12gr could harm would be the one that seals the 12gr itself.
A couple of drops of oil down the bottom tube before each day of play should keep the cold from damaging that seal and lube the rest of the marker too.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

bird, plane or 12g

If you are afraid of launching a 12g. just be aware of where you are pointing the 12g. by this i mean if it is a pistol dont be pointing the barrel at a ref as you drop in your 12g.... point it at the ground or level and then use the plug to pierce the 12g when you decide. rather then pointing gun up dropping it in and then gravity pulls the 12g hard enough to pierce it....

it should never really be a problem as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. thus sayith the resent 12g convert....

dead possum

Biting, playing dead and sarcasm are a few of the skills that i offer free of charge.
dead possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, the entire 12g rocket thing from a PGP was discovered by accident.

it did lead to somebody using his as a 'grenade launcher'... was kinda funny to see a 12g appear in the sky, only to drop down and spin around on the ground.

and at almost a buck a pop for the 12g's we were laughing at his arse all day long.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead possum View Post
If you are afraid of launching a 12g. just be aware of where you are pointing the 12g. by this i mean if it is a pistol dont be pointing the barrel at a ref as you drop in your 12g.... point it at the ground or level and then use the plug to pierce the 12g when you decide. rather then pointing gun up dropping it in and then gravity pulls the 12g hard enough to pierce it....

it should never really be a problem as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. thus sayith the resent 12g convert....

dead possum
Most Sheridans are not equipped with insta-pierce so this shouldn't ever be an issue. The 12 gram is pierced by the valve pin the first time the marker is "fired" after a new 12 gram is inserted. The 12 gram plug should already be in plce by that time...
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

I just got a speed changer for my PGP and it is possible to make a "rocket" of sorts by unscrewing it quickly, I fired about 20 shots then unscrewed mine. The thing shot about 2 feet out, hit the ground and spun. That's all, probably not enough force to hurt anyone in any field positions.
Saucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Y28

yeah with pgp2 i can easily unscreaw it fast enough to make a rocket. so i guess its just something ill have to deal with.
Y28 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan