mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Spring feed and barrel porting on my newly aquired P68SC???

This is the gun im talking about:

decent CL snag and my first brass (P68SC)

Its in quite nice shape and on one hand I'd feel bad about touching it, but on the other, a spring feed would be a nice touch (in addition to PPS's feed plug).

Also I have seen some nice spiral porting on some brass and though that would be a nice touch as well. How effective is it in making it a bit quieter? maybe improved accuracy? I made a cool silencer (quite effective), but I don't think my local field will let me play with it on.

What are peoples thoughts? I'm sure I will hear 'leave it as is, find an already molested one'. But just curious.

ADD: I also wish it had the older chemical treatment, not this paint stuff. Can that be changed? like could it be stripped then chemically treated? Again, this is just a question. Wont be happening any time soon.

Last edited by SockMonkey; 04-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

You could strip the black paint off and then get some gun blue and apply that.

Either use the existing tube and cut your slot for a spring feed system. Parts are easy to make out of delrin or get a new tube and make a longer spring fed tube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
for porting, if you wanted to desolder everything and make a design on a windows program like spirals, the print the design and tape it to the barrel, just drill where you have the design
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
OK I'm normally in the camp of "don't mess with it." What you have pictured is an amazing piece. If you're going to jack it up, trade it for one that's ready to be jacked up. What I'm saying is, it looks like it's barely been used. That's my 2 cents on that.

Now to address what you actually asked.

-DO NOT de-solder the tubes to do any porting and so forth as mentioned above. There's messing with something...and then there's that. Unless you've done that sort of thing before (and I'm guessing you haven't) there's way too much that could go wrong.

-I personally don't think that spiral porting does all that much to the marker. It definitely doesn't gain you any efficiency or accuracy.

-The "paint" your maker has looks like the original finish on it. It's in amazing shape. The old chemical treatment they put on is illegal these days from what I understand...so that's not an option.

-For me if I owned this I'd put on a speed changer and then have at it. This is set up great already. Speed feed is cool....but I just don't think it's that cool. That's my personal preferences. Good luck
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

im going to have to agree with you long beard. I would have a hard time doing anything to it. I definitely wont be soldering or anything. The finish is the original, I have no doubt, but I would much prefer the chemical finish. But I will leave the finish untouched.

I think I am going to make my own muzzle break. 3/4" PVC fits nice and snug over the barrel, I will drill and paint one for that. I found that out making a silencer for it.

By speed feed did you mean spring feed? I don't want a speed feed, Just a spring feed with a parabolic plug.

If I decide I want to hack one of these up I will probably buy another. This one is in too good of shape.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That a nice piece, I'd keep it stock as well. A speed changer is a new CO2 cap that only takes 3 turns to charge.
Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's either getting a speed changer, or a CA adapter. Cuz neither one is a permanent mod. Maybe I will get another one to hack up, or find one already messed with. But what will happen then is this will sit in a case untouched for who knows how long. Maybe gaining value?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Why are you so hot for a spring feed? It's simple to just rock and cock. It takes just as long to drop a ball in as it does to pump the gun. Spring feeds only are a benefit for semi auto guns.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I didn't mean speed feed, I meant spring feed. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain.

Totally agree with Jaan
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

IDK, I suppose I'm not really. I just get ahead of myself thinking about all the things I could do with it. I think I will stick with the speed changer (maybe CA) and a new feed plug.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan