mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
is reloading

KP3 purchase

I just picked up a KP-3 It's in ok shape, I was going to send to to palmers and have it made into a nasty Hurricane, But I do't think I will. I think I want to restore it.

It leaks, so I took the valve apart to find that it is missing 2 O-rings Part #34-31 (I think this one was a lead ring) and F-506. So I need a suggeston on where to find the replacements. I looked on Plamers site I saw KP2 stuff but no KP3.

The black finsh on the barrel has worn off is several places, does anyone have a good suggestion on how to restore it?

I am sure I will have more question. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

PR

palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

KP-2 parts should work fine for a KP-3...the only significant difference was that the KP-3's came with constant air adapters from the factory.

That black finish was made using a toxic (when wet) paint that no-one will really mess with anymore. If you want a black finish, you could have it nickel-plated then powder-coated by Palmers (very expensive), or you could have someone dura-coat it (relatively inexpensive). Palmers was experimenting with a black zinc type coating as well...but if I recall correctly it is not as durable as powder-coating and nearly as expensive. If you want to keep it as stock as possible, I would just leave the finish as-is....especially if it is just pump-wear and wear on the tips of barrel etc....I personally like to see these old markers with a "worn-in" look.

Congrats on your new wood! And kudos for not hurricaning it.....those old beasts work great as pumps
pecoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fully Stocked

Pecoto's right about the parts... Palmer's C/A kit should work on it... Unless you want to convert it to run 12 grams, then it's a different setup...
Products
Here's a link to one of our own member's store that carries alot of sheridan parts.. great person to deal with!!!

It would LOVE a trip to Palmer's for a performance tune they all do....

As for the Black Zinc... It's VERY NICE... I have a Hurricane with it and it's really good... More durable than Powder coat which I have also.. It doesn't scratch like the powder coat... It rubs off after some abuse.. but it's the closest Sheridan OEM type finish I've seen..

A performance tune and Black Zinc job may run 1/2 what the gun cost you but it will be better than New for a long time....
Jimmy La

OH P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samuri sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
We came up with a plan... it involved a hijacked truck, two strippers, and lots of brass...
Latoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

don't worry about the lead gasket, it's not needed.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

the other o-ring, the one in front of the valve is a #28 at your local hardware store...and if you go with a piercer-type front, it takes a #6...i agree, the lead isnt needed...
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
is reloading

Success

Thank you for you help, got it sealed up and working.
Now to get the Nasty phoon up and going.

palerider is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan