mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Who wants to fix my KP!? (You did!-Potentially resolved)

I love my KP, but it does not like me.

I ordered a seal kit from palmers months ago, and replaced all the fleshy bits on the inside. For the longest time, it worked 'good'. There was a very, very faint hiss of air leaking. But I had misplaced my valve tool, so there was no way I could get in and use it.

Recently, I bought a valve tool and cooper bolt from Titus. The bolt went on and worked fine, but for some reason the valve tool wouldn't fit. After some PMs, and a quick few minutes with a dremel, the Valve Tool would fit.

I took it all apart, examined it all, reoiled it, and put it back in exactly (I thought) how it should go.

Pierce-dump.

Pierce-dump.

Etc.

Wtf?!

Okay, rinse repeat. Open up my trusty mcarterbrown database. Line up all my little pieces EXACTLY as the diagrams in the stickied information show. Put it back in.

Pierce-dump.

Grr.

It is now sitting in the corner. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. None of the internals look damaged. I can't understand why its dumping the 12grams. They go in, I pump once and fire, and then WHOOOOSSSHHH it all whistles out constantly until empty.

Last edited by Rover; 06-05-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
sounds like the valve isnt closing. respring it?
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Beyond looking at something and remaking it when I'm done, or reading a diagram and doing what it shows, I'm not too saavy on internals.

When you say respring it, do you mean the tiny spring inside the valve, or the large one that comes out with the trigger-group? (I'm assuming the one around the pierce pin, but yeah, better I ask.)

Is there any other reason they'd be dumping? I'll be tinkering again later tonight I guess to try and solve this mystery, and I'll post pictures of how I'm putting it back together, if it helps.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
i would replace both springs.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Did you check the 12 gram seal? they go bad, especially if you leave a 12 gram in for extended time.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

Where is the co2 dumping? Down the barrel or from under the valve tube in the stock?
If it is around the stock it is probably a problem with the face seal or could be a bad chamber face plug oring. If it is down the barrel then it could be a couple of things, bad spring not closeing valve, bad cup seal, bad valve body o-ring.

Don't give up you can do this.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Its going right down the barrel.

I've already replaced every rubber internal that comes in a palmers dyan-valve whatever kit. I don't have any more replacements, and sadly, being in Canada means getting them is a pain in the arse.

This is one of those 'God damn it, why did I tinker with it' moments for me, cause I had it working -poorly- which is better then unuseable right now.

When I looked at the seal last, it looked fine to me. It doesn't seem to be not sealed, because I didn't notice air leaking out of the little hole near there, it seems to only be going down the barrel.

I'll take it apart again tonight when I get home, and carefully examine everything.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It does seem like it's a spring issue. As said above, the valve is not closing so there a constant open air chamber. Try the springs... As for seal kits try pming MaD, he has some and it was $13.50 shipped to me in Manitoba.
Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Now now, the spring should be fine, heck I replaced my valve spring with a much much lighter one and it works fine.

You are going to have to take it apart one more time. When you have it apart

1. check the cupseal face and make sure it is smooth or at most has a ring indent from the valve guide.

2. Check the valve guide where the cupseal mates up and make sure it is smooth and flat, if it is not then sand it with some hight grade sand paper

3. insert the valve into the valve guide all the way and make sure it moves easily. Press the cupseal into the valve guide to make it fit well. oil the cupseal.

4. Make sure you oil and assemble it carfully, especially make sure the valve spring is in correctly.

that should do it, like I said its not the valve spring, and everything should be new so there is not much else that can go wrong.
the_chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll try this in a couple of hours and get back to you all.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan