Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

K2 Valve Removal

I have been trying to fix a pressure loss on my K2, it would shoot the first shot of a 12 gram fine but after time it would shoot drastically low. I picked up a Palmers seal kit and am trying to install it today. I got the trigger group and the hammer out but The valve nut wont move more than a quarter turn using the valve tool. There is a pringle headed screw blocking it. That screw connected to the long nut that connected to the stock mount screw. Right now I can only think of using a pair of pliers to twist the pringle screw into the tube and out, but that sounds like a bad idea to me.
Teek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

With my KP, I had to do that once... Lets just say, putting the valve back in required putting it in, then 5-15 minutes of screwing with the screw to get it back in the hole around the valve.

Its possible, but its a serious headache. I'd recommend avoiding it if you can.
My Feedback
Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That Pringle screw is a PITA to put back in. I've taken it out twice. The first time it fell right in place (so I figured that was the norm). The second time it took me about 15 minutes of bouncing it around in the tube (and two beers) until it finally fell in place. Good luck man,

ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Boy oh boy, who invented the pringle screw anyways, geesh! I had to make sure the right side was pointed back too.
Teek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

It's been a couple years, but when I was working on a K2 last, I was able to pull the valve without removing that screw. All i did was replaced the coupler and hand tightened it down. Seemed to work fine. Did a complete valve rebuild and everything went back in without problem. Try it out.
->"Behind The Mask" Paintball Documentary<-

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I was messing around with that K2 with Teek (at least if Teek is who I think) and the Pringle looked deformed. I think they are fine stock, but once people screw em up, they are a PITA. Maybe there's some way to reshape it?
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.

Last edited by russc; 06-20-2011 at 12:30 AM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

If you are handy with a torch and hard solder you can always braze it to the outside of the gun and be done with worries of removal of the pringle screw.

What I have done in the past if all methods of farting around aren't working (dental pick, long screwdriver, etc) is I will put a tiny loop of duct tape on the tip of a dowel or screw driver and stick the pringle nut on that... guide it into the lower tube and into it's hole. While still holding the pringle nut in place either screw in the stock retaining screw or just grab the pringle nut and pull your screw driver/duct tape tool out of the tool... just don't let it fall back into the lower tube, because they you get to rinse and repeat.

Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan