mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
^^^^ How do I go about finding my self a 1200 psi ninja reg> The 850 would not let me shoot over 230fps. I even put a stiffer main spring with the same results.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-both-new.html
Ninja 1200psi reg for RT/X-valve
Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ya screw trying to run a KP on HPA. It hates HPA. My KP3 has been palmerized. Without touching the rva I could only get 210-220 tops out of my 850 output hp tanks. If I screw in the 7 ounce co2 the gun with the same spring is shooting 420fps. I had to put a lighter spring plus cut it down and it is shooting 280 and the gun is at least half as quite, the pump stroke is like butter. Seems like it will be super efficient. I have a on/off valve on my 7oz tank and when I turn the co2 off, I have to dry fire 25-28 times to bleed it off.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
Old 07-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
Ya screw trying to run a KP on HPA. It hates HPA. My KP3 has been palmerized. Without touching the rva I could only get 210-220 tops out of my 850 output hp tanks. If I screw in the 7 ounce co2 the gun with the same spring is shooting 420fps. I had to put a lighter spring plus cut it down and it is shooting 280 and the gun is at least half as quite, the pump stroke is like butter. Seems like it will be super efficient. I have a on/off valve on my 7oz tank and when I turn the co2 off, I have to dry fire 25-28 times to bleed it off.
Brass tends to like Co2.
It's weird, but true. I remember chatting with Craig Palmer a while back when I had something with my pyre and he goes... All of our stuff and brass love CO2.

I would suggest shimming your spring when you run air. My field has air fills included so I run a 13ci and it seems to do just fine.

But in the long run, CO2 works better as you know
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Do you have the stock valve? Craig told me if I had the dyna valve it would allow for more dwell. I tries a stiff *** spring and turned the rva and it did nothing to increase the fps. I did not understand why it did not increase but it didn't. Any ideas? I would love to use HPA . I already have the tank. What exactly do you use to shim the spring?

Feedback
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I believe so.
To shim, I use socket head screws. For some reason my KP2 mainspring died on me and velocity was fine until it went crap on me. Threw the screw between the spring and rva and it was ok. I've replaced it with another spring so life is good.

Your spring might be out of tension, I know palmers has some springs in stock, or steal a bluestreak spring and cut it to length.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Did you try a weaker valve spring? What does your valve look like, you may need a typhoon valve(one hole).
the_chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The gun was brand new and sent to palmers for the tune. It should have the stock valve for the kp3 in it. I have not taken out the valve or the spring. I will buy another spring at the hardware store and maybe cut it a little longer then the one that came in it and see if I can get it shooting hotter. My main spring has a pin that slides into the end of it on the rva side and it has a flat seat for the rva screw to push against. Maybe I will stick the stock spring back in and stick something between the spring perch and rva.

Feedback
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I usually run my Stroker on hpa. It gets 285 with the rva screwed way in and the reg cranked up. However last weekend I ran a 9oz. Immediately it was at 385 and I had to back the rva all the way out and back the reg off to get it back under control.

I also have an older Nasty Typhoon (not the one you've met) with long 12" barrels that won't shoot over 220 on hpa, but does fine on co2.

Feed it what it wants.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I don't have a reg , are sheridans consitant on unregged co2? You coming to the Norcal big game at Davis on 8/6 Curt? I am playing this Saturday at Waterford with the KP and I will try out the Co2. If it doesn't pan out or perform I will mess with it again to run on hpa or send it to Craig.

Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan