mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
KP on Air.

Does anybody have any idea how many shots a KP3 will get off a 22ci and 13 ci tank? The gun has been Palmerized.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I don't have a good answer for your question.....but I think a better question to ask is will your KP3 shoot to speed with air. It seems Sheridans can be picky with air. You'll hear stories of some that shoot great and some that shoot low with CA. And then there's the whole problem with shrinking paint and fixed barrels.....does it have widgets?

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Most of the high end paint I have been getting is getting bigger. All I see now is .687. The gun was palmerized and has a detent. That is all I know. I have not seen the gun yet.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
Old 07-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
Most of the high end paint I have been getting is getting bigger. All I see now is .687. The gun was palmerized and has a detent. That is all I know. I have not seen the gun yet.
The KP3 you purchased does have the detents, but they prevent double feeds. As far as widgets, none have been installed. Also, the barrel has either been honed or polished. I honestly can't tell which, because I have never seen any other PPS polished vs. honed barrels for comparison. I know honing actually removes some of the brass, so the bore maybe slightly larger (if it is in fact honed).

I asked a series of similar questions when I purchased the KP3, some good info here and there are some other threads out there covering the same topic:

Questions about running my KP3 on HPA

When I shoot any of my KP's I always leave the paint exposed to open air for a few days prior to playing. I just leave the bag open indoors (no extreme heat or cold). This swells the paint a little and keeps it snug in the barrel. I have yet to have a roll out while playing (even on my KP2).

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger steve View Post
When I shoot any of my KP's I always leave the paint exposed to open air for a few days prior to playing. I just leave the bag open indoors (no extreme heat or cold). This swells the paint a little and keeps it snug in the barrel. I have yet to have a roll out while playing (even on my KP2).
That bit of info right there is worth gold! Do you have any problems with breaks.. on target that is?

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks for the info Steve. I can't wait to get it from you. I already have a brushed aluminum, 22c1 tank and I just ordered a ninja reg for it. I will use the C02 tank when that is all that is available

Feedback
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Its my understanding that some sheridans have trouble running on air because co2 operates at like 1100 psi or something, when most HP tanks output 850 max. if you matched the pressure of co2 with your air tank (ninja has some nice high output adjustable regs) then you marker shouldnt be able to tell the difference.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Negative... the operating pressure of CO2 is in the 800 to 900 range depending on temp (or lower)... but it has a greater amount of energy seeing as it continues to expand behind the ball.. so a small amount of dense CO2 gas through the valve has more energy than HPA.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I will be putting the KP3 with the 22ci to the test tomorrow. I have not chrono'd it yet but it is definitely shooting hot. The reg I ended up using is a Centerflag hyper reg, it had a output of 875 psi. The 22ci balanced real nice. I will keep track of shot count and will post up.

Feedback
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Could always buy a 1200psi Ninja reg from Benoit, he used one with one of his Sheridans with good results.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan