mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a blue streak on the way, What else might I need??

I have a couple blue streaks coming. One with a cracked stock (I should be able to fix it) and possibly a second complete one that doesnt pump up. Only thing missing on second one is safety supposedly. but has a nice stock.

I want to do a k-series conversion with my p68sc. What else might I need? I know they don't mount the same in the stock, how do I fix that? how is the trigger group held in the back of the marker?

I also know the blue streak stock is worth more intact. I will need a shorter one to accommodate the pump. I can cut down one of these (obviously the cracked one). But even then I would prefer to get one all ready hacked up.

My end goal is to have one complete sheridan blue steak and one nice k-series p68sc. And maybe sell the extra pellet gun to make up for my expenses.

I will have the one with the cracked stock tomorrow, and I am waiting on shipping for the second one.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I am searching some stuff as I type this.

(I did find that I dont need to cut a stock if I use a shorter pump handle. I like the looks of the old aluminum ones... maybe some trading in the near future.)

this helped quite a bit..
P68sc-kp

Where exactly does that pin hole have to be drilled? I have a local machine shop that should be able to do it on the cheap side.

Last edited by SockMonkey; 07-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

definitely don't chop up the bluestreak brass if you can help it... not that i haven't done a few maybe you can find some information in these linkys:

sheridan p-series to k-series conversion thoughts...

who could make p-series to kp trigger groups and hammers?

looking for: working ATS preferably with straight asa, brass sheridan donors/bits, vert feed micromag/ule body, green/camo SP wood grips for cf frames

happy with me? http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, I found out that if I use a short pump handle, then I dont have to cut the stock. I dont plan to cut any brass, other then mounting the trigger group. I dont know if I should use the pin at the bottom, or drill small holes and use two screws on either side the the back bottles use. Second option would be easier done at home.

With left over parts I plan on assembling a blue streak to probably sell (parted or together) to make my money back on the initial investment.

I guess it looks like the hammer is going to be the biggest hurdle to get over. I will see what I can do here, there is also a machine shop down the road, but I guess we'll see. I will have some parts to barter with so we'll see what I can come up with.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

on the trigger group and hammer thread i posted pictures at 95 and 121, they may be helpful in aligning the trigger/sear... if you're handy with a dremel, no trip to the machine shop is needed. i usually cut the hammer to match the sear, as p-hammers are much more common than bluestreak trigger/sear plates another option is to make your own plate to fit without cutting an existing one, i make them out of old 10" saw blades. as for mounting, drilling for the crosspin can be tricky, but not terribly hard, and old cupseal pierce pins are just the right diameter... drilling and tapping screws in will hold quite well, but are likely to be visible from outside the wood

looking for: working ATS preferably with straight asa, brass sheridan donors/bits, vert feed micromag/ule body, green/camo SP wood grips for cf frames

Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yeah, if thats all I have to do to the hammer I can do that no problem. If I can get access to a drill press or have the machine shop do it, I will probably stick with the 1/8" pin.

If I went the drilling/tapping route, I may do them up at an angle to hide them in the wood. But I dont think I want to do that one. But for me its probably a bit easier.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chplnstone View Post
drilling and tapping screws in will hold quite well, but are likely to be visible from outside the wood
If the right set of screw is choosen, that is not that bad, not to mention we've seen a lot worst on several P to K conversions.

By the way how do you cut the hammer ? They are hard as hell. Personnally, I grind the sear down.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

i just use a cut-off wheel on the dremel, well, about 4 of them have to be extra careful with alignment when drilling the crosspin hole, less meat there than on k-series markers with the sear slot cut all the way back... usually i start small, drilling straight through both sides,then slowly angling the drill till they meet across...

Old 07-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Just take a dremel, and cut alittle off the sear. Heat it up till a magnet isnt attracted to it, then quench in water. Done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I can't wait to get this done... But I probably won't have my brass back from tymcneer for a week or two. I should be getting my second blue steak early this week. I'll take some pics.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan