mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What's it currently chonoing at?

If paint is relatively small in your neck of the woods, the velocity is going to be low on the thing. The use of an RVA is moreso to make velocity adjustment easy. You can always go the old school route of clipping coils to lower the velocity or shimming it to increase the velocity. Regardless, good luck!
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

I won't know what she's shooting at untill tommorow or thursday when I can take her to a local field. I'm hoping for 280, as that's what our field chrono's at. If that's the case, then I can get away with using it as is. Uh, IDK. It seems pretty snug in the barrel.
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

I do have a question - How much does one need to shim to get about a 10 FPS velocity increase? My pgp seems to be shooting at 265, solidly.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
I do have a question - How much does one need to shim to get about a 10 FPS velocity increase? My pgp seems to be shooting at 265, solidly.
It depends, you have to play around with it.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
If it were me, I'd pick up a Palmers RVA and 12g quick-changer. To me those are the must-have mods for a PGP.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

well if it's a solid 265, i suppose one or two shims will do the trick - I had a sterling that operated at a solid 275 despite me not doing anything with the spring for 3 years.
szary[PL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I'd almost keep it at around there anyways...less 12 gram shots when you make it higher.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well, I was contemplating that but it's rec ball valken paint, and I have to gog people to get a good clean break, and I really did not like gogging the new players. I'm cool with gogging the tourney guys though. What do you use for a shim, just a simple washer? as that's what I keep envisioning. I'll be getting an Quick Change and a Plug when I can afford one, unless someone has a set there parting out. I seemed to get about a good solid 20 shots maybe 22 before velocity dropped to useless. I'm willing to loose those two shots for a better rate of breakage. But, I've got that gramps video to watch and a pgp to clean! I was stoked using it though, I had a lot of young first timers and some older experienced guys asking me about it, quite a few wanted to play with it!

Edit - Success! Found some small jump rings, 2, fit right in there with a little bending. should bring me close to my 280 field cap. I'm okay with having to change cartrdiges on the field for a more reliable break. I kept scaring people with bounces.

Last edited by Headshotted; 10-23-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Honestly, do NOTHING. Play with it, sleep with it, bath with it for that matter. Just get to know the gun inside and out. I play with a Mint condition PG and have no problems on the field. Chronos at 270, gets 40 shots on a 12g. Only mod I have done is an original Sheridan metal carbine stock, and an extended bolt. Tons of fun to play with, and saves me a fortune on paint.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm going to try it with the two small shims in it, just to see how it feels and shoots, if I don't like it and it chronos off, then yeah, It'll go back to stock and I'll just pick up a valve tool and quick changer.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan