mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sheridan (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/)
-   -   12g cartridge stuck in KP2... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/180742-12g-cartridge-stuck-kp2.html)

ranger steve 10-31-2011 12:06 AM

12g cartridge stuck in KP2...

I found a few 12g's in my toolbox today and decided to plink around with my KP2 in the backyard. After I expended the third 12g I unscrewed the push rod to drop out the cartridge and it would not fall out. I've tried pretty much everything to get it to drop out and it will not budge :confused:- when I say it's stuck, I mean stuck... I've never had this happen before. The 12g face seal was replaced a few months back and I'm at wits end. I'm trying to get it to drop without removing the valve.

Any ideas on how to get it to drop out or why it's stuck? Has anyone had this happen before? I believe the brand of 12g is Crossman, but I've never had any issues with their cartridges before.

Thanks,

splattttttt 10-31-2011 12:11 AM

Pull the hammer out, and push on the pin valve, unless you want to take it all apart. I've heard really strong magnets. But you might want to take it apart anyways, and clean uo the seal area where it's hung up on. Might be rough there.

Keys_JR 10-31-2011 12:18 AM

I had this happen to me too, my face seal was all but gone though. It was essentially a perfect hole slightly smaller than the 12g so that it sealed perfectly but would not come back out... I solved it like splattttttt suggested. I will need to try the magnets thing next time though.

sniper42 10-31-2011 03:10 AM

Did you try removing the 12gram knob and dryfiring? Sometimes that is enough to get it unstuck.

MrBig 10-31-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splattttttt (Post 2065425)
Pull the hammer out, and push on the pin valve, unless you want to take it all apart. I've heard really strong magnets. But you might want to take it apart anyways, and clean uo the seal area where it's hung up on. Might be rough there.

I always use this method. I put a wooden dowel in the tube and use that to strike the pin. 99% of the time this worked.

splattttttt 10-31-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper42 (Post 2065591)
Did you try removing the 12gram knob and dryfiring? Sometimes that is enough to get it unstuck.

Ha ha. Yea, I usually do this first too. Then after... I get down to biz if this fails.

ranger steve 10-31-2011 09:27 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried dry firing it with no luck. I'll try the dowel method tonight.

splattttttt 10-31-2011 11:05 AM

Funny thing the same thing just happened to me yesterday. But I was expecting it. The valve seat area is pretty chewed up, and could use a bit of TLC. With out it, every 12g will get caught up.

BLachance75 10-31-2011 11:18 AM

Maybe that is what is up with my KPMI-1. Every time I try to change 12gr it gets stuck. I can hit it gently against something and it will come loose. I guess I need to change it out before it gets to bad.

Iconic Muffinman 10-31-2011 11:30 AM

I had this happen with my PG, and not even the dowel method would work. I ended up slowly drilling a hole in the base of the 12g, treading it, putting a bolt in, and yanking it out.