mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

here is the best parts break down or a SB the inter net has to offer....at least to me.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/manuals/...rts%20List.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

but I think what 3022 was trying to say is, If the valve body oring is bad it could sometimes leak back into the body and appear to come from the front screw. But if this were the case it should be leaking down the barrel as well.

As for the loose solder, Is the valve chamber a full insert solid back to the thread for the valve nut? It would need to be leaking back through the nut to get around the valve insert back to the front grip screw, in which case it would be the valve body oring again and first statement is still valid.

Or is the valve chamber insert not solid and has a soldered plug in the front in which case a re-barrel could make it leak.

Damn near confused my self with all that.
Quote:
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
part 332 int eh schematic 3022 posted. Its been square in every Sheridan I have ever taken apart, though i think its round in the Palmer's kit.
That oring is round like every other oring, its just that after it is compressed in the marker for a while it forms into what looks like square edges.
I have seen this many many times.
Quote:
Quote:
My Feedback

Old 11-23-2011, 03:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Original SWARM

The lower tube to valve chamber solder may have flowed away from the 10 x 32 threads at the chamber inlet. The oring in the banjo fitting only seals to the outer surface of the lower tube, pressure may be leaking between the valve chamber and the lower tube to get to the front grip screw threads. Try spotfacing the sealing surface a little deeper so the oring seals directly to the valve chamber wall.

Last edited by Smiley; 11-23-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
The lower tube to valve chamber solder may have flowed away from the 10 x 32 threads at the chamber inlet. The oring in the banjo fitting only seals to the outer surface of the lower tube, pressure may be leaking between the valve chamber and the lower tube to get to the front grip screw threads. Try spotfacing the sealing surface a little deeper so the oring seals directly to the valve chamber wall.

good point smiley, thinking about it, maybe a couple wraps of teflon tape might seal the gap? most of it will be shed in the first few threads, but it's worth a try for an easier fix or at least to help find the leak...

looking for: AGA62-working or not-for prop use, working ATS lowers and parts, brass sheridan donors/bits, green/camo SP wood grips for cf frames

happy with me? http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan