mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

New PGP Owner, Few Questions

Hey guys, just bought a minty cartridge valved PGP off eBay. It's pristine; almost no wear and looks like it's hardly ever been used. It's my first brass and I've got a couple questions for the local aficionados, if any would care to grace this thread with their knowledge.

1. What is the best aftermarket bolt for the PGP? It's a pre-2k model. I've heard that the Cooper T bolt is pretty spiffy, will it (or a similar aftermarket bolt) help lighten the pump stroke a bit? That's pretty much the first thing I'd like to fix on it, as it stands the pump stroke is jerky as hell. I don't mind jerky, I can handle jerky, but I'd like it to be a bit lighter.

2. From your own experiences, which would you recommend: a speed gate or an extended knob on the feed tube? How about a cram and jam?

3. If anyone owns a lever PGP, how do you like it? Do you find that the pump stroke is a bit too heavy for the lever to be used comfortably? I'm strongly considering having Dan Sergison put one in, but I'd really like to hear from someone who has already done it before I go in on it.

4. Will wedgits be enough to stop rollouts almost entirely? Are there any other options (besides nail polish) I can consider to prevent rollouts?

Any responses are appreciated. I've got a project in mind for this marker, I'll be sure to post pics once it's finished.

Last edited by Mike68; 11-30-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Mike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

if you are sending it to Dan Sergison, you can have bore the barrel to accept freak inserts. Then roll outs would be a problem of the past.

Oh and you need a speed changer (for the co2)
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

and they made a speed demon bolt (Stock on many sheridans) for the PGP as well. Would give you almost same results at the cooper-t bolt.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

About the only bolt that's an improvement is a centerfire. They supposedly increase the velocity a bit so you could back off on the spring a bit.

I like cram and jam but you have to cut the gun apart to do it. Next I like the speed gate. An extended knob helps a little but it's still something you have to take out and put back in.

I agree, I think they're pretty stiff for a lever. If you can smooth it out quite a bit it would be better. It's a tiny gun to do it with though.

Yes, wedgits should stop rollouts.

I also thought Dan only did one freaked PGP and said he'd never do it again?!?!
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I also thought Dan only did one freaked PGP and said he'd never do it again?!?!
No, he still does them. He's been backed up with work for months now though, so I don't think he'll be taking any PGP Freaking work right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockMonkey View Post
and they made a speed demon bolt (Stock on many sheridans) for the PGP as well. Would give you almost same results at the cooper-t bolt.
+1 for the Speed Demon bolt.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yea, I messaged him a few months back and he quoted $100.

I was thinking about asking him to freak bore a p68sc....

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan