mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
There are a few different wood fillers out there on the market that should patch up those holes easily. It may stain a little funny, but I bet if you look you'll find one that can take a stain like a champ.

Or you could have someone do some inlays with some different wood to cover the spot where the holes were and if they were creative enough they could carve a wrap around for the spot on the stock that was cut up for the air elbow. It would take some work but its not impossible and it would make that stock look amazing!

kinda like this:

Stock refinishing was actually my favorite part of my KP68 build.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Not a ton to add that others haven't, except that that front cap isn't too far off. I've had a few Sheridan's with similar front caps. I'm curious what the whole story with this bad boy is.

You do know that this was for sale here on MCB before it was on e-bay right?

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Palmer's for sure, is the valve tapped for a set screw or is there a hole in the bottom of the valve tube?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pronounced Hooper

There is a pic of the underside of the valve tube and all of the internals I pulled out of it. I looked at it again and the solder in core appears to be intact. Not being able to push it all out in the same direction is evidence of that. Of the three holes right in a row the middle one is threaded for a set screw and the left one is filled with solder.

I wouldn't have pulled it all apart if it was in working order but there was a leak somewhere that was far beyond a small hiss. I am also a strong believer if it ain't broke don't fix it. And I did see it posted here on MCB but i don't believe i ever saw a sale thread or anything like that.

As far as the 12g setup is concerned; will the modified valve be suitable or would CA still be the way to go? I believe I have all the parts necessary to convert it back to 12g usage so that is not a problem.

Chplnstone I'll send a pm your way regarding the CA adapter.
I can see it now, a mini van full of priests going 80mph through a suburb blasting metallica....
Feedback WTB Thread
HOEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

The set screw will orient the valve like on a cocker. RVA is nice too

Should get good efficiency, and the trigger pull/pump stroke will be better then average. The culprit for leaking is probably the sleeve, check palmers armory if there is an oring chart for a typhoon. The screw that was in the side was probably to orient the aluminum sleeve, hopefully this is still sealable.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pronounced Hooper

Well this is project is coming along. I have all the parts I need to finish minus feed tube plugs. Where can I get some oversized plugs for Tymcneer's feedtubes?

Also I'm just about done refinishing my stock but there are a few tiny bubbles in the glossy polyurethane finish. Does anyone know how to polish these out?
I can see it now, a mini van full of priests going 80mph through a suburb blasting metallica....
Feedback WTB Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
ant
Hell in a handbasket

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOEPER View Post
Well this is project is coming along. I have all the parts I need to finish minus feed tube plugs. Where can I get some oversized plugs for Tymcneer's feedtubes?

Also I'm just about done refinishing my stock but there are a few tiny bubbles in the glossy polyurethane finish. Does anyone know how to polish these out?
Sand those sections back and start again. If you're getting bubbles, your finish it too thick, thin it down with the appropriate solvent (should be on the can)

When confused, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
In fact, I'm 100% sure that's a PPS part.[/URL]
Hrm... I'm not. I thought Big Matt made a conversion assembly that looked like that. Might want to drop him a link to see if it was one of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pronounced Hooper

First page updated with new pics. And as always a couple questions:

Do Sheridans always sit a little crooked in wood stocks?

Is there anywhere that sells a nice brass blade sight, or even a rear ladder style, or peep sight?
Feedback WTB Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Airsmith to the dogs..

Send a message via AIM to BigMatt-MadCustoms Send a message via Yahoo to BigMatt-MadCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Hrm... I'm not. I thought Big Matt made a conversion assembly that looked like that. Might want to drop him a link to see if it was one of his.
Not one of mine... I can tell by the color of it that it is in fact a Palmer's part,a little cleaning and you should have a nice shooter there..

Now I do make a nice insa-pierce that will drop right in there..
BigMatt-MadCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan