mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

Equalizer

I am putting this here not as a ebay find, but more for a discussion as to why anyone would want to pay this much for a Equalizer.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Isn't this considered one of the worst markers made? I know it is Mag like in design, but they never worked reliably, and the fire/recharge rate is slower than a pump.
I don't say these things out of hate, as I have 2 of these, one NIB I got form Sugarstump several years ago, but I don't think I paid that much for both of mine combined.

What could these bidders be thinking? If the high bidders are on here, please speak up, I'm not trying to flame you, just wondering what you motivation is.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I dunno, I like mine ... wouldn't call it the worst ... just was a bad time to develope a marker that couldn't handle CO2. Had HPA been readily available and given the developement of Regulator tech since it may have gone somewhere.
But, that's getting off track and into a subject for another day.
I've paid maybe $75 total for both mine if I factor in inflation and some other nonsense ... But $100+ ... for one with a leak ... regardless of condition ... not on your life. I just don't see it as being that collectible, or desirable ... hell, most of the seller's I've bought from are begging to get rid of them.
I only keep mine as I have a demented obsession with obscure markers ... and keeping them functional ...
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was hopeing you would chime in, as you are the only person I know of that has ever defended the Equalizer, and has one that works(but if IIRC you put a different reg on it).
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

no, stock reg, but I did have to remake some seal in it ... ironicly enough out an old pair of urethane workboots. But I only feed it HPA.

And in all honesty ... if the equalizer was so bad ... why are the TPX and Phenom doing so well for Tippmann

I predict one of the usual short lived and lopsided conversations on the matter ... are we the only two with working ones these days, or are we just insane enough to admit to owning one?

Now I'm going to have to tear into my parts body and reg and look at putting a newer reg inside, IIRC there is a fair amount of room available
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.

Last edited by Rockfrog; 02-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I saw someone on here side taped the valve and but a external reg on one, said it worked great, will have to go find that.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
My Feedback

Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I remember that one ... can't find it though ... a simple search reveals a plethora of 'for sales' over the years but very little tech ... pretty much the same story for most of my markers.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan