mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
if you have trouble finding a 10 oz.
7 oz. tanks fit, i think titus had a bunch for sale.
Thanks man, I have a buddy that had an old brass eagle 9oz. sitting around, and it fits! So through a sponsorship I am going to order a couple on the cheap and keep them on me in a double 140rnd MOLLE pod back on my back, should do the trick. I might also get some larger diameter tank rings made out of 1/2" aluminum, we have a full metal shop, laser cutter, and powder coater where I work, though it'll cost me a few beers.
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

So, I have a new question, the KP-3 that I have is in really nice stock condition (8 out of 10 probably)...would having professional modifications made to it kill the future value as a collectible? I bought it to use, but I hate to think I might be ruining a piece of paintball history here, or are these things just not that rare and I'm over thinking it?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
It depends on what you're planning on doing. If you're talking about stripping the finish down, then yes it'll lose value.

HOWEVER....if you plan on using it regularly and for a long time, then you're making your money out of it. The value is in getting played. Shoot some people in the face.
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

It also depends on the current condition that it is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
It depends on what you're planning on doing. If you're talking about stripping the finish down, then yes it'll lose value.

HOWEVER....if you plan on using it regularly and for a long time, then you're making your money out of it. The value is in getting played. Shoot some people in the face.
Thanks Long Beard, this helps. Since my OP I picked up another KP-3, too good a deal to pass up. As it turns out the one with the nice finish and good condition is an original Sheridan model and the other one is a later model sold through PMI (Piranha). So, I'm going to mod the later model one that isn't in as good a shape and think about what I want to do with the other one.

For upgrades:

.680 ported barrel
Wedgits
Ball detente
Nickel plating
RVA
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Explosives View Post

For upgrades:

.680 ported barrel
Wedgits
Ball detente
Nickel plating
RVA
Hope I'm not too late but .680 with wedgits Is prolly a little excessive IMO, go with one or the other. Since youre In the cities i assume you have access to better than the Walmart grade paint we had in la crosse so running either should be enough to get you by.

Also, consider getting a valve job done, it will increase your efficiency if you end up ever wanting to use 12g's

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Took some time to consider everybody's comments, which I appreciate. I think what I will do is send both to Palmers for the Performance tune, detente, and wedgits and see how it goes from there. They have a factory rebuild option I noticed, but not much info on this....wouldn't that be similar to the performance tune or am I missing something?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Explosives View Post
Took some time to consider everybody's comments, which I appreciate. I think what I will do is send both to Palmers for the Performance tune, detente, and wedgits and see how it goes from there. They have a factory rebuild option I noticed, but not much info on this....wouldn't that be similar to the performance tune or am I missing something?

A factory rebuild from palmers is a waste of your money. It's pretty much a seal replacement. For their over-complicated semi autos it's hard to find someone else who can make them work, but a kp3 is pretty damn simple to service yourself. Iirc, it's 2 Orings and one face seal in the lower tube. If your ca setup is against the 12g face instead of side tapped, doing it yourself is the way to go. Titus sells valve tools for if it's a non cart valve.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
A factory rebuild from palmers is a waste of your money. It's pretty much a seal replacement. For their over-complicated semi autos it's hard to find someone else who can make them work, but a kp3 is pretty damn simple to service yourself. Iirc, it's 2 Orings and one face seal in the lower tube. If your ca setup is against the 12g face instead of side tapped, doing it yourself is the way to go. Titus sells valve tools for if it's a non cart valve.
Ah, ok thanks for the heads up on that, I'd be willing to buy the rings from them to install if they need to dismantle for the perf tune anyways. Keep forgetting to call them, darn timezones...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan