mcarterbrown.com

Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Although a cocker valve tool may work for this Pirhana, I wouldn't recommend it in place of a true Sheridan valve tool. It will be missing the threads on the back of the tool which are needed to remove the valvetrain on 12-gram powered guns.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Not to mention is has a much higher chance of twisting and stripping the valve retaining nut.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Bringing this back as I have started to work on it. I had it completely apart as all the parts needed some cleaning, even the (or especially) the trigger parts. But now I have run into a strange problem, at least for me. The hammer wont go far enough in and the searlug hits the sear and I cant put the trigger frame back on. It would seem that the valve isnt in far enough since the hammer stops on the end of the valve pin. It is strange though as I had it assembelled on Sunday and everything seemed okay. I can just see the tip of the valvepin if I look straight into the searslot in the body, should it be farther in? As mentioned above I have been using a cocker valvetool and it slips when I meet hard resistance. But I have used it before and it worked. Hope someone can give me some hints.
Jari Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Are you sure the hammer isn't in upside down? Did you put the hammer in before putting the grip frame in place? I'm having a hard time visualizing your problem, so that's the best I can do for now...
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well I think I have solved the problem. The hammer has a plug and I thought that it was a searlug like on a cocker hammer. It was like that when I took it apart and on the diagrams I have seen it was also shown sticking out from the hammer. I have removed it now and it cocks fine, for as I understand, the sear is supposed to catch the hammer itself not a lug like a cocker. But if so, what is it the lug or plug for?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you mean the small set screw in the bottom of it, it's to ride in the groove to keep the hammer in line. It is not supposed to rotate, just slide back and forth P
Old 02-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
If you mean the small set screw in the bottom of it, it's to ride in the groove to keep the hammer in line. It is not supposed to rotate, just slide back and forth P
Yeah, without it your hammer can rotate and possibly cause more malfunctions down the line. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, it is usually a roll-pin, not a set screw though.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Im learning more and more I actually realised it myself last evening as I was assembling it one more time when the hammer was slightly of line. And its probably what you call a roll-pin, I didnt know what to call it. Its defenatly not a screw, I had to hammer it in. But now all I need is a seal kit and a valvetool to get it to work. And do anybody know if it would be a problem using a pumphandle designed for the LB version? The one thats on now is a little to short for my taste, its a little too hard to pump.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
If the pump handle fits, it won't be a problem.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hows It Going? I've Got A Pirahna Lb. I Purchased An Oring Kit From Palmer. It Came With A Valve, Two Black Orings And Three Bolt Orings. Just Trying To Figure Out Where The Two Black Orings Go. One Is Smaller Than The Other. And Neither One Matches The Black Oring, Kindve Has Square Sides To It,that Was Installed With The Gun When I Bought It. It Has A Small Leak Down The Front Of The Gun, Where The Pump Handle Wraps Around. When I Take The Plug Out I Can Hear It Leaking. Is That A Plug In Front Of The Valve? Inside The Valve The Order Is This ,coming From The Front Of The Gun. Small Brass Disc With A Small Nipple,spring With Valve Goning Thru Same,oring,valve Body, Then Nut To Screw In To Seat The Valve. Is The Lead Gasket Needed? After Doing This 20 Time, No Lie. It Still Leaks. Help....where Is The Air Leaking? Thanks For Anybodies Help. I Would Also Like To Find A Picture, That A Can Read, Of T He Break Down Of The Pirahna. T Hanks Again.
david.delille is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan