mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

measurements for drilling holes for k conversion.

I need the measurement for where the cross pin goes across the back holding the trigger group in, and the measurement for where the pringle screw goes.

Thanks in advance!
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

converting a p-series to a k-series, right? no idea what the measurements are... i usually just put the trigger block partway in the back of the valve tube, draw a pair of crosshairs where it looks right, squint, stick my tongue out, and drill a pair of 1/8" holes, then angle them to align with each other... that being said, i think tymcneer was making drilling 'guides' to make doing this easier (i'm just too cheap to get one)... as for the pringle screw, i usually just use the nutsert...

looking for: working ATS preferably with straight asa, brass sheridan donors/bits, vert feed micromag/ule body, green/camo SP wood grips for cf frames

happy with me? http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

One of the p68-sc I have is missing the nutsert. looks like it was ripped out. Also I don't want to drill any extra wholes in this stock I have. Its too nice.

But thanks, I'll probably just follow your guide though for the trigger group.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

I don't have measurements offhand either. I would get the trigger group installed first. For the few I've done it's been the same process as chplnstone except it usually involves a bit of praying and occasional cussing. Then hold the body and stock together and mark the body through the hole in the stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

so i broke out a tape measure and the action screw set hole in a k-series is centered at 2 7/8" from the back... on the downside, that measurement on a p-series drops it right into the valve core... so you're likely to need to drill another hole in the stock (or solder a length of 14"-20 rod coupling directly to the valve tube). other option: replace the nutsert with either a press-in one or use a 'nutsert ring'...

sheridan p-series to k-series conversion thoughts...

looking for: working ATS preferably with straight asa, brass sheridan donors/bits, vert feed micromag/ule body, green/camo SP wood grips for cf frames

happy with me? http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Maybe I could use the pringle screw and somehow seal it on the inside. some kind of gasket or something. Or maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and drill a new hole
Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

I made an adapter to attach the nutsert to the stock hole. I did have to modify the stock on the inside but it is still usable as it was originally intended. I had a thread on it at one time but it seems to be gone.

Here is the first on I made
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Here it is on the gun.
[IMG][/IMG]
I don't have a picture of how much I had to route out of the inside of the stock for the adapter to fit.
Now I used a different trigger group but the hole in the stock for the pringle screw is in the same place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
I made an adapter to attach the nutsert to the stock hole. I did have to modify the stock on the inside but it is still usable as it was originally intended. I had a thread on it at one time but it seems to be gone.

Here is the first on I made
Dude, stop being so brilliant and making sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan