mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

kp2 opinions (buying some parts)

ok guys and gals I got myself a Sheridan kp2 over the weekend and I bought it leaking. i got it all apart and replaced the 12 gram seal with a cci one and she stopped leaking

I pulled the valve and the valve nuts threads are a little messed up edit(my fault and the threads inside the gun are fine) so I was thinking about a pps stainless one anyone know anything about them are they worth it?

Valve Guide Retaining Nut [SHER033] - $12.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
I also have looked at there seal kit with the Dyna valve any opinions on this? Im looking to increase the 12 gram count a bit i need orings anyway will this help any?
Seal Kit, 12 gram [SHER060] - $20.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

Last edited by 518ontarget; 04-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.
518ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This looks like the KP2 that titus sold to that one kids and had all sorts of hooplah.

How messed up are we talking about on the threads? If minor, try and clean them. If worse, i'd send it into palmers have them restructure it.

Dynavalve is a good route to go to increase the efficiency. You will actually be better off sending it to Palmers or any of the airsmiths on here for a valve tune.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
here is a cheaper valve nut:

Valve retaining screw - Sheridan Valves - Sheridan - Pump Parts - Parts

as for the dyna valve it may be a crap shoot. I got one from palmers new that had never been hardened. the stem eventually mushroomed and made things even worse. Walz is dong a real cheap valve mod that is supposed to increase efficiency, talk to him.

btw, Ive heard mixed ideas about using cci seals. they fall out on some people. Mad on here sells seal kits that include the face seals and they work perfectly.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
This looks like the KP2 that titus sold to that one kids and had all sorts of hooplah.
Agreed.

Tim AKA Ginger Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus
As on 4/2/12 Tim has traded the marker, yet the PAYPAL CLAIM IS STILL OPEN AND MY ACCOUNT FUNDS FROZEN. I have not heard back from Tim after multiple PMs, and in my opinion am being ignored at this point.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

^ it is Im at fault for the threads I cleaned them up and it works fine but i would like to fix my mistake. The Titus vs Tim thing should be allowed die down. I got it off of Tim and I am happy with it. I hope they can get there dispute settled and by me owning the kp i think it should speed up the process.

Thank you for the walz suggestion I will ask him about that
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
here is a cheaper valve nut:

Valve retaining screw - Sheridan Valves - Sheridan - Pump Parts - Parts

as for the dyna valve it may be a crap shoot. I got one from palmers new that had never been hardened. the stem eventually mushroomed and made things even worse. Walz is dong a real cheap valve mod that is supposed to increase efficiency, talk to him.

btw, Ive heard mixed ideas about using cci seals. they fall out on some people. Mad on here sells seal kits that include the face seals and they work perfectly.
I'd personally use the stainless steel nut to clean out the threads. If you use the brass ones it may not punch through depending on how messed up the threads are. The downside to the stainless steel nut is that if you torque too much, it could pull the threads out.

Dynavalve is a cheap and quick route, go with any of the airsmiths for more notable gains.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Yes that is the one, and I wish it would die down, if he would man up and respond to a single PM or email saying his mom canceled the claim.

It's a single phone call and neither have done it. It's completely not cool and honestly pretty unethical to trade off a marker, while having an open claim and trying to get the money back. 75 plus days is what I am being told I need to wait for this mess he created to be cleaned up.

But besides all that I am glad it's at a better home & I hope you take care of it and enjoy it.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

the threads inside the gun are fine its only the ones on the nut i have the kp together at the moment the nut went Back in fine after I cleaned up the threads in the nut. shes holding air fine the only problem I got is low velocity but that can be fixed

@ titus I plan on cleaning her up abit and she will see lots of field time
Old 04-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

You can get a stainless valve nut from anyone who has taken apart a blue streak or possibly an air gun site. If someone buggered up the threads inside of the gun though, it's not going to help.

The fact that there's still an open claim on that specific piece is a little disturbing. I hate to say but if you traded for it, you're in a bad spot. If paypal / the credit card company side with the buyer what should happen is that the buyer gets the $ back and the original seller gets the item back. This means you might have just traded for something that the other guy doesn't actually own. I'd be very leery about sending it in to get work done on it without knowing if you legitimately own it or not.

Titus, you have WAY to much faith in this kid at this point. Either it's closed or it's not. If it's still open then the gun shouldn't have gone anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum

Last edited by MaD; 04-05-2012 at 01:59 PM.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

im not going to send it out I will keep it in my possession until this craps all cleared up hopefully that will be soon.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan