mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

K2 long stock(model "F") vs K2 short stock(KP2 stock)--

Since the rash of K2's coming out of the woodwork, these past couple of months, I'm sure everyone has noticed that some of these K2's have long stocks and some have the short KP2 stocks. I'd like to know if anyone has any concrete evidence, that K2's did in fact come with the shorter KP2 stocks, or did they all come with the longer "F" stock? I know that there are some of you Sheridan guru's on the forum(I don't need to mention you guys, because you know who you are), that might be able to shed some light on the subject. I read some of these threads, where some individuals see K2's for sale with the short KP2 stock and they feel like they are not "true" K2's. I'd like to also mention that I bought a K2 last year, off this forum, and it came with a short stock. I asked the individual about the stock and he said that the person that he got it from, bought it that way. It's serial # is close to the 11 thousand range, so it's not a real early K2. I personally like the longer stocks on these guns, but I'm not going to assume that because one has a short stock on it, it's not a "true" K2. Any input on long vs short stocks, would be great! :-)

Hector
Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm no expert but I just prefer the longer stock if I were to get one. And then get a short stock for some work. Great question to bring up too as I'm not too familiar with sheridans. Subbed :P
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

i'd say that the later model k2's could have easily come with a short stock. it wouldn't surprise me at all. they probably ran out of the long stocks and just put short ones on since they were starting to produce the kp2. that's my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

^this, the end of the model run, us3 up what you got of old combined with some new, untill all the old is gone.

Also, the serial numbers on sheridans did not start at 000000001 and do not really coraspond to date of manufacture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
i'd say that the later model k2's could have easily come with a short stock. it wouldn't surprise me at all. they probably ran out of the long stocks and just put short ones on since they were starting to produce the kp2. that's my opinion.
That does make sense. A friend of mine just recently bought one, with a short stock on it. It was in the 13 thousand serial # range and the one currently for sale on e-bay, is also in the 13 thousand range. Does anyone know how many K2's might've been produced? It seems that there are many more KP2's out there, as opposed to K2's.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector the Collector View Post
Does anyone know how many K2's might've been produced? It seems that there are many more KP2's out there, as opposed to K2's.
That is going to be a tough one since K2s were converted to kp2s by sheridan. And I am sure in between there were many "mix and match" ones.

It is not quite the same, but kind of like asking how many SMG68's there are. Since many were converted to specials

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan