mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

oh, i didn't know you only had a permit.

you could ship it to me if you feel comfortable doing that. there's plenty of people on here that can tell you i'm an honest person and i'm not gonna try to steal your gun. i'll be happy to look into your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

springs and hammers don't cause leaks. I'd first blame the 12 gram seal, besides that there are only a couple other seals in the gun. Chamber plug, valve and the valve stem seal. Leaks can also be caused by the valve retainer plug not being screwed in completely. Don't force it - if it is in face cross threaded, jamming it will ruin the valve threads.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

i'd look at the face of the exhaust valve body where it seals against the valve stem seal too. make sure there are no nicks in it.
Quote:
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I put a new valve and new stem in it and nothing different. whats the threading on the jam nut? i might just get a tap and follow it up
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

it's an oddball sized tap and you're not gonna find one. you have to get one made. the size is 21/32-32. i contacted www.tapcousa.com and had them make me several taps. i bought several because it lowered the price of each individual tap. i sold the other taps tto some folks on here. i think the price for just having one tap made was over $100. i bought 3 and that lowered it to around $40 if i remember correcly.

like i said, i've got the tap and willing to help you.
Quote:
my feedback
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
May 18th? there is a scenario at cdwc ill be going to and ill be local then. thats if i cant get this bugger fixed....
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
Old 04-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

i'll be here. just contact me a few days ahead of that and we'll make arrangements.
Quote:
my feedback
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
springs and hammers don't cause leaks.
Well........ Let me tell you a story about a PGP this weekend. They had put a PPS seal kit in it. Was leaking down the barrel. We gutted it and oddly the seals all looked pretty clean. I replaced them anyway and same issue. So we gut it again and put a stock valve spring in it. Leak gone. The PPS spring that came in the kit was about 1/4" shorter and apparently it was enough of a difference for it not to seal.

With the valve nut, make sure you're putting the tapered side in first towards the valve. They do not like to go in backwards. If the threads on the nut look chewed up at all or there's any brass shavings, quit immediately and get it to c6quad.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #29 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

/\ that's interesting...because I've run Sheridans with valve springs so light I could open them with a tiny bit of pressure from my pinky finger. Maybe new seal kits take time to break in?

Anyways, kscu, can you post photos of your internals laid out in a row?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I actually got it shooting HPA 260+ somehow. i think i am going to try to keep it that way and try not to mess with anything else now. i think the mixture of a longer valve spring, and the Dyna valve allowed it to shoot HPA. i will buy some more 12ies tonight hopefully
Now what's a cocker?

Ksciupider's Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan