mcarterbrown.com

Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
P68SC Stuck Bolt

I've acquired a P68SC recently that's in otherwise good condition, however the bolt at the back is stuck fast. It will, quite literally, not move in the slightest.

I've tried disassembling the marker to find the problem but come up empty, and I've tried the soapy water method but it just won't seem to loosen.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I managed to free up Adam45's P68, here's what I did:

Drop some oil down the barrel and in/around the bolt.

Remove the pump arm from the bolt.

Hopefully the back section of the bolt can be pulled back, freeing the locking BBs. Pull it back and tap the BBs lightly to free them and push them into the bolt slightly.

use a wooden dowel from the front of the barrel, and HAMMER the bolt. You just want it to start moving, don't try and get it out completely because you don't want to shear off the linkage pin that cocks the hammer.

You want to keep moving it back and forth, continue lubing until you can rotate it and access the linkage pin. You'll want to push it into the bolt, and rotate the bolt so the pin is under brass and won't stick out anymore.

If you get to that point, you can hammer the bolt completely free.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I had a PGP like this. Does your marker have the speed bolt? That's the one with bb's, but when you pump the handle back the bb's get loose and can move inside the bolt. If yes, pull the handle back so they are loose and put a wooden dowel down the barrel. Give that a few solid taps with a hammer and see if it comes loose.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've used liberal amounts of WD40 to great success before as well.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PB Blaster maybe. It has always worked wonders for me. Spray the bolt, as suggested above, let it soak in for a half hour and she should be good to go. If it's rusty - Blaster will break it free.

Try heating it up some as well. Nothing too crazy, but heating the area with a blow dryer can help loosen up any goop that is seizing the bolt in.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Great, thanks for the help guys.
Yeah I think it's the speed demon bolt - but as I'm new to sheridan's I wasn't particularly sure. The pump arm doesn't move at all, so I think I'll give what russc suggested a go and if that doesn't work, then try the Blaster!

Cheers.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think I saw pictures of this marker on p8ntballer. Now from what I remember it has a speed demon bolt, I think it is the internals of the bolt that seized. When you try to pump does the pump move back a little bit? If so then it's just the bb's aren't retracting , you might be able to squeeze them in with one of them sliding grip things the name of which completely escape me.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I think I saw pictures of this marker on p8ntballer. Now from what I remember it has a speed demon bolt, I think it is the internals of the bolt that seized. When you try to pump does the pump move back a little bit? If so then it's just the bb's aren't retracting , you might be able to squeeze them in with one of them sliding grip things the name of which completely escape me.
No, I bought this one from on here. From what I recall the pump doesn't move back at all (I'm at work at the minute ), I'll take a little look when I get back.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

My mistake, Stan on p8nt had one that the bolt wouldn't shift on, could still be siezed up bb's though, get out your adjustable grips and give your balls a squeeze just to make sure (then tackle the marker!)
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Alright.
Well I haven't started on it yet, but it looks like the bolt is bent, it's coming out at an awkward angle.
I'll probably have to try straightening that before anything.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan