mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Constant air on a PGP?

Just curious how people are running constant air on their PGPs. I've seen the Palmer mods where the hose is run to the front of the gun, but I think I'd prefer running the air straight into the valve from just in front of the trigger frame. Is there any particular place it would be good to send it off to?
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
The airline can be run the same as any other Sheridan (side tap is popular) but for two things. The front of the valve chamber needs to be sealed somehow and there is not a lot of room to work with relative short bottom tube. Pretty much any place you put the inlet will interfere with the pump necesitating further modification. The nice thing about the CA adapters PPS sells is that they are drop in and don't require altering the marker. I'm sure there are lots of qualified airsmiths to do this kind of work. (PPS, Mad Customs, and Scarecrow come to mind).
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Old, Slow and Angry

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
It's a bit pricey, but Cooper-T has a constant air adapter for PGPs. It contains a dummy 12g adapter / front plug and black painted hardline back to a velocity adjustable CA ASA.

http://www.cooper-t.com/sheridan.html

I have one on my PGP and it works very well
MadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I was going to mention the cooper-t pgp mod. seems someone beat me to it! Somthing else you could try is a dummy 12gram adaptor (so long as you feel like drilling holes in your pgp). Cooper-t makes them as well as peg leg and there are also a few others. That would allow you to not have anything foreign coming out of the front of your gun.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

If you side tap it you have to get creative with the pump as you basically are in the way of the pump stroke on the right side of the gun (don't tap the left as that is the side with the pump arm)

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I almost forgot this (not that it matters anyway because the part is impossible to find) but you could always get an IMP kit for the pgp. Cooper-t stopped made them like 4 years back. It turns the pgp into semi-automatic, but it also allows you run a bottle. I've got one, but dont feel like parting with it. If you want to see some good pictures of the unit and the installation instructions, kampfer has a few on his "previously owned" page of his site.
Of course doing all this means you lose your pump action.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Old 09-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHiQuality87 View Post
I almost forgot this (not that it matters anyway because the part is impossible to find) but you could always get an IMP kit for the pgp. Cooper-t stopped made them like 4 years back. It turns the pgp into semi-automatic, but it also allows you run a bottle. I've got one, but dont feel like parting with it. If you want to see some good pictures of the unit and the installation instructions, kampfer has a few on his "previously owned" page of his site.
Of course doing all this means you lose your pump action.

III

I noticed Yellow5 has an IMP kit he wanted to get rid of.
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

constant air.

there is a stainless tube running up the inside of the frame, and into the valve body through a little port.

I wish I could say an o-ring sealed port, but alas it's actually hard soldered to the valve. such that removing either requires sliding the new style valve out the back still attached to the line.
dsergison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsergison View Post
http://sergisonmachine.net/images/lever05.jpg

there is a stainless tube running up the inside of the frame, and into the valve body through a little port.

I wish I could say an o-ring sealed port, but alas it's actually hard soldered to the valve. such that removing either requires sliding the new style valve out the back still attached to the line.

Some internal pics, please?
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsergison View Post
http://sergisonmachine.net/images/lever05.jpg

Hey dan! (welcome aboard) Thants pretty cool. I never saw an air through gripframe before on a pgp. When the valve is soldiered to the line, is there a slot cut along the length of the lower tube? Also is the end of the original co2 chamber sealed at all or does the valve allow you to just hook it up and not have to worry about it leaking out the piercer?

(and do you make those pump handle setups?)

III

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan