mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

KP2 issues...

Hi there, i just picked up a kp2 and am having some sealing issues... There is no leak when the 12 gram gets punctured but as soon as I pull the trigger co2 just pukes out from underneath the pump, any suggestions?
OLY642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

the 12 gram doesn't puncture until you cock and pull the trigger. the problem is the 12 gram face seal. you just need to put a whole new seal kit in it. i'd go ahead and replace the valve stem while your at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

well that's just it! there has just recently been a new seal kit installed by Golgo13 and the first 12 gram I put in it worked flawlessly..
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I believe the problem is the chamber plug face plate seal but i dont know how to get it out! ive made a valve tool, and the valve came out but the chamber plug face is stuck.. and i don't want to force it any ideas on how that comes out?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Original SWARM

if it leaks out the lower tube it is either the 12 gram seal or the oring on the front chamber plug. if the first 12 gram didnt leak the front 12 gram seal probably blew out when the first 12ie was removed.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok I will change the O-ring on that but i still need to get the chamber plug out how does that work?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Original SWARM

Remove the valve nut,seat,spring and stem.Then put empty 12 gram in the normal position and a wooden dowel to tap/push on the round end of the 12ie to unseat the plug. Then use a smaller (5/16")dowel or rod to push the plug the rest of the way out.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

You can follow a simple guide in my sig once you get the needed parts

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for all the help! I have Some new parts on the way from palmers as we speak, i sure have learned alot about this gun though spent alll day reasearching and taking it apart but it looks like the the camber plug seal had just been old and disinagrated
Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

yeah, if you didn't replace that face seal that's your problem. do as Smiley says with the empty 12 gram and dowels to get the chamber plug out. sometimes you have to hit it hard to break it loose. the important part is once it breaks loose, pull the 12 gram out and use a smaller dowel to get it the rest of the way out. the 12 gram will only allow the chamber plug to move about a half inch before the 12 gram bottoms out against the valve core. if you keep hitting you'll damage the core and you'll have a major problem then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan