mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
KP2

Here's my KP2 direct feed. It came with a quick silver changer (I think it is anyway), drop out cut in the lower tube, and a rear velocity adjuster. It was well polished at one time and everything that's not polished brass has been powdercoated. This is how it looked when I got it...

I polished the brass, sanded, stained, and refinished the stock..

...added a WALZ brass stickfeed..

...and reshaped the quick change cut out in the stock so it didn't look so rough.

I plan on replacing the stock trigger guard with a brass one once I find one that I like. I'm thinking on getting a Thompson Center muzzleloader guard and shaping it to fit the KP stock.

Some problems still need to be addressed. I'm only getting about 260fps and only about 15ish shots from a 12g. The bolt is too short and it's causing blowback up the feedtube (probably causing my velocity and efficiency issues too). WALZ was nice enought to send me some replacement O-rings for the bolt but it hasn't corrected the problem. This is a picture of the chamber with the bolt all the way forward...

You can see that the front bolt O-ring isn't far enough forward to create a seal.

I've also found that the main spring has been cut so that may or may not be a problem.

Thoughts?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
What kind of bolt is that? i love the stock and the polished brass.
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
What kind of bolt is that? i love the stock and the polished brass.
I honestly don't know about the bolt. It's delrin with 3 O-rings and a set screw in the back to hold the pump rod in place if that tells you anything.

And thanks! This is my first brass & wood project. My first time refinishing a stock but I did my homework and I think it turned out ok. Well... I did have to make two attempts at the stock. The first time through I was sanding some runs out of the polyurethane with medium steel wool and ended up taking the stain off a portion of the stock. I had to completely re-strip it and start over. I went to "0000" steel wool after that fiasco.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Millar156; 10-02-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

a factory bolt is 4 7/8" from the face to the back of the barrel tube. obviously it's an aftermarket bolt (no clue why they'd put o-rings on delrin though), looks like they bored out the breach during the direct feed conversion, too much on the front, might try a nice, tight-fitting delrin replacement bolt to try to seal up the tip, otherwise maybe swap to a bluestreak single-sear setup and redrill the cocking lug about 3/16" to extend it further forward... otherwise rebarrel

looking for: sony alpha NEX-6, working AT-85/AT10 preferably with straight asa

happy with me? http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Ah! A new bolt might fix it then. The delrin one I have is just a hair under 4 3/4" from face to the back of the barrel tube. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Bolt looks sort of similar to an RTP bolt. If you had a picture of just the bolt I could help confirm that.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Here's the bolt...

Old 10-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Real Nurse

Send a message via AIM to nickydp33

Brass N Wood Fan
that stock is gorgeous
nickydp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
bolt looks like an RTP bolt to me. I have a couple very similar.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
OK, so....

I got a new bolt from infamoussmiley. I installed some new o-rings, a hammer lug, and a retaining screw for the pump arm.

My old bolt is on top, the Smiley bolt is on the bottom. As you can see the old bolt is just a tad shorter.

The result is I've gone from getting 12-13 shots per 12gram to ~20 shots per 12gram. I'm still getting a bit of CO2 up the feed tube but not nearly so much. I also like the bearing detentes in the new bolt as they sort of lock the bolt into place in the forward position.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan