mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Sheridan Woes...

OK, I have come to the end of my ability to figure out what the F my sheridan is doing...

Just so you sheridan wizards of MCB can see what I am talking about...

It is basically custom brass with KP2 guts...Cart Valve, KP2 hammer, Spring and trigger group...

I have replaced ALL of the seals, and Orings...I got a new Valve stem...

I cannot stop the thing from leaking down the barrel...

I put a 12g in, it will pierce and some times it holds and some times it vents right away... If it doesn't vent right away it does after about 3 or 4 shots.

I figured that the valve stem seal just needed to set its self in to the valve stem as it is pretty fresh. So I aired it up and left it aired up for about two weeks with the hope that the pressure would make the seal snug...

After taking a shot with it every two or three days for about two weeks, I figure "OK problem solved!" So I mount the brass in its stock, pump it, pull the trigger and it vents...again...

So MCB I turn to you and your infinite collective wisdom! What the HELL do I do now?
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
have you tried a hammer

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Have you tried polishing the end of the valve body where the cup seal rests.
Might do the trick. (works when nothing else does).
And are you using a palmers dyna valve pin. They do seem to seal better (I think they are a softer durimeter cup seal).
Is your valve spring new or old.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALZ View Post
Have you tried polishing the end of the valve body where the cup seal rests. Might do the trick. (works when nothing else does).
No I haven't...and I am not sure how I would go about doing that either? Is there an easy way to do that?

Quote:
And are you using a palmers dyna valve pin.
How do I tell? PBG3 gave it to me but didn't say where he got it from.

Quote:
They do seem to seal better (I think they are a softer durimeter cup seal).
My seals are the ones from Mad. I am on my second cupseal, the first one blew out enough times that I tossed it and started fresh with a second one...

Quote:
Is your valve spring new or old.
Once again, I couldn't tell you. Scrounged a valve from a P68 someone was parting...

Pictures of the valve...As you can see the stem seal is FUBAR now...

Last edited by Stilgar; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wd3d

If it continues to hold a seal out of the stock, I would guess your stock is causing the issue. probably warping the tube just enough to cause the leak. Just a guess, but you might look into it.
wd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I am thinking the best thing you can do for your machine is to just break down and buy a new dyna valve pin (tapered one is the best) and a new valve spring and main spring from palmers.
As far as polishing the valve cup seal surface goes you just take valve apart and first run a tapered polishing tip inside valve and then a flat tip for the end where cup seal rests. (soak your tips in water for a while and use mothers mag polish).
If the above doesn't do the trick for you, your just going to have to send it to me.

CAMP STUBBORN
( I have just opened a School Camp for obstreperous, disruptive, undisciplined, fractious, head strong, mutinous, rebellious, wayward and unmanageable ).
Your marker is a prime canadite for my school.
You must call me (post) as soon as possible as this can spread to any other marker you have or have touched. (Its called attitude and its not good)
Obviously special schooling costs mucho bucks so be sure to send plently of green backs with your marker.
Your sheridan friend
camp counselor walz

Last edited by WALZ; 12-03-2012 at 09:58 PM.
WALZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd3d View Post
If it continues to hold a seal out of the stock, I would guess your stock is causing the issue. probably warping the tube just enough to cause the leak. Just a guess, but you might look into it.
I won't rule that out...but I have had it working in the past. Played an awesome game with it before the original seal blew out the first time...

Quote:
I am thinking the best thing you can do for your machine is to just break down and buy a new dyna valve pin (tapered one is the best) and a new valve spring and main spring from palmers.
As far as polishing the valve cup seal surface goes you just take valve apart and first run a tapered polishing tip inside valve and then a flat tip for the end where cup seal rests. (soak your tips in water for a while and use mothers mag polish).
If the above doesn't do the trick for you, your just going to have to send it to me.

CAMP STUBBERN
( I have just opened a School Camp for obstreperous, disruptive, undisciplined, fractious, head strong, mutinous, rebellious, wayward and unmanageable ).
Your marker is a prime canadite for my school.
You must call me (post) as soon as possible as this can spread to any other marker you have or have touched. (Its called attitude and its not good)
Obviously special schooling costs mucho bucks so be sure to send plently of green backs with your marker.
Your sheridan friend
camp counselor walz
I may have to eventually break down and make a palmers order...Was hoping to avoid that due to the Stupid shipping costs of getting their stuff across the boarder...

If all else fails, I might have to send it to you...
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I can order it for you and send much cheaper I'm sure.
Just let me know if you want..

Or "CAMP STUBBORN" awaits you!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Ohh.. that's an old arse valve stem. Someone turned it down by hand. Maybe there's not enough meat left to hold those soft seals. Is there a lip under the stem still and are you getting the seal underneath it?
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan