mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
making a come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
I'd prob try to block up any of the barrel ports that match the feed tube just in case.
I see I'm not the only one that thought of this
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Lining it up and taping it together it does not look like any of the ports will be blocked off, but they will deflect off of the side tube a bit, but they are not plugged off. I really like how they overlap personally, but in reality other than being aesthetically pleasing to me there is no real benefit to it, it will only subtract about 3/4 of an inch from the barrel length so it wont likely help/hurt efficiency much. It doesnt look bad either way. It is going to be easier to A, which honestly makes me want to B more, lining up the barrel milling and the ports at the other end will be a bit tricky but i like tricky.

Walz, the stock looks great. I like it long, as long as it does not go past the co2 knob so i can access it easily. The stain looks very nice, maybe a tad darker but it does look great right now.

Thanks for the input guys. I got the valve tube ported today, went ahead and did it, i had some time. I did 2 rows down the left side, they came out nicely.

crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The ports are every 45deg and can be aligned so none of them are blocked off or aligned directly. Some of the ones on the feedtube will end up at a solder seam on the valve tube but that wont be much to worry about. Looking back i should have only done the visible ports on the feedtube but it was not much harder to just do the whole thing. The more i look at the stock the more excited i am getting.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
making a come back

Looking good, I can't wait to get my hands on some brass, lol
Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
She is almost ready for solder. I just need to make my feedtube plunger and to mill the hole to feed balls into the feedtube. I will be doing a variation of Thadaptor for the feedtube. The barrel is all done aside from making my small sleeve to align the valve tube and barrel where the gas enters the bolt.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Its pretty much all ready for solder now, just need to make the little sleeve that lines up the air port from the valve tube to the barrel.

I elongated the feedtube hole so a feedtube can be tucked into it a bit. The knob for the feedplug is an old Nelspot bolt knob.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
wow i really love this build so far. I have always had respect for brass but had never really had a large urge to buy any... i think you have tipped me over that edge!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The plug for the spring for the feedport plunger is all done. 6/32 bolts in 10deg from each other so i can remove and clean everything easily. Found a leftover spike cap from another project i forgot i had so thats whats going on the front. Almost ready for solder.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
This is a really slick looking build; very custom but very clean. I can't wait to see it all together!

I say go for nickeling. Silver against the reddish wood of that stock? Ermahgawd.
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
making a come back

I'm waiting in my brass in the mail, I was going to just go play with it, but this build has me thinking totalty different lol

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan