mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

Broke a dyna valve? Wow, first I have heard on this.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Wow; I'm interested to hear what Palmer's has to say about that. Care to post pictures of the failure?
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

imgur: the simple image sharer

Heres 3 images, PPS got back to me today, they say they want me to ship it back to them. But shipping it there and back will cost me even more then the part itself so i think ill just say the hell with it. i gotta say i was hoping for them to just ship me a new one, not totally impressed. By the way, is the co2 knob supposed to sit out this far when i have a 12 gram in? just thinking that might be a reason why the dyna valve broke. My guess though is that its just a freak part.

Anyways not all is bad, i get my K-Frame from Dan in a few days
Samhouston123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I got a horribly deformed Dyna Valve from Palmers along with a crappy Wedgit job on one of my bodies i sent them and a "tune" on a Kp, now i dont do business with them. If Lori was not such a sweet person to deal with on the phone i would have been even more upset with my dealings with them. I do my own Wedgits now and purchase old, used Palmers upgrades if i need them and can find them. They should take care of your valve pin issue but i agree shipping back and loosing another $4-7 and a week or 2 of time sucks.

You should be able to get the knob to sit in further by shortening the spacer rod between it and the plunger if there is any, if not you will need to shorten the plunger a little. As long as it seats and pierces properly where the knob sits is not important other than for cosmetics.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 02-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

Looks like a crappy press job. Just like the crappy fast changers that you have to smooth out the ridge so 12s will drop in and come back out.

As far as your CO2 knob, yes, it is supposed to go in that far. Rule of thumb on those, just thumb tight so it doesn't leak. My KP, a BG special tune, if any pressure is left, no matter how small and I screwed the cap a little too tight, have to shoot it down to remove. Which can really suck in some instances.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan