mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sheridan (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/)
-   -   Help me find the right model (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/227202-help-me-find-right-model.html)

undercovercop2 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Help me find the right model

Hello, I'm looking to build a Bolt Action KP and I'm trying to find the right model. I do own 2 PGPs one short barrel and the other alittle big longer and love how simple a d smooth they are. Now I'm looking for a Kp2? I think the one with a longer barrel and stock feed tube. My questions are:

What model should I be looking for? I want feed tube on top or side doesn't matter, what models will I be looking for?

Price range?

Anyone have one for sale?

Final question: mine both shoot great and mainly sit and don't see field time so I don't tinker with them much so internals are new to me. How are they guns? Easy to maintain and keep tuned? Really looking into them and seem like I would like one for milsim rifle or weekend play!

Thanks guys, I'm going to continue my research, but this would help me a lot! Have a good day!

Titus 02-25-2013 02:57 PM

Sheridan K2 and one is for sale

Titus 02-25-2013 02:59 PM

And nevermind, looks like it sold.

B-17 02-25-2013 05:50 PM

Walz does great work, but you may be able to pick up a KP2 on the cheap. They are fun too.

As for Sheridan guns, they are simply the best platform I've ever used in terms of reliability and ease of maintenance. They only have 3 o-rings in the stock configuration.

Yes, you have to have the valve tool, but like many have told me on here, very worth the ~$25.

Most importantly, have fun out there. Nothing more satisfying then watching guys dodge my shots at 30 yards.

Brassballs 02-25-2013 05:52 PM

The Sheridan bolt actions are models K1(very rare) and K2 little more common.
these normally came with a longer stock than KP2's.

The Sheridan KP2's (p=pump)body is the same as the K2's besides the 1 or 2 bearing holes in the back of the barrel,for anti blow back,just like you PGP has.
these have a shorter stock so the pump has room.there's several for sale right now...

unless you are dead set on owning an original K2 it would be easier to find and most likely cheaper to buy a KP2 and just mod or buy the bolt for bolt action.

the stock would be shorter but you'd have the option to change it from pump to bolt action when you felt like it...

undercovercop2 02-25-2013 08:29 PM

All great info thanks for the tips everyone!

I'm not seeing tons of kp2 for sale though,

crazyorigin 03-02-2013 03:09 PM

Kp's in general are kind of rare. There are a LOT of guys here on MCB who horde them because they love them so much. You might have better luck finding a KP3, but they were direct feed and use a hopper not an SC tube. There is usually a few KP2's for sale here but prices usually range from $250-600 depending on condition and accessories. The K2's are more rare and usually fetch $400+ easily unless they are in really bad shape or you get lucky. I would start scouring ebay and craigslist for them, i have seen people get some really good deals there.

You could probably pick up a slightly rough KP3 and have someone like Walz add a SC tube to it and cone out ahead still compared to a KP2. The KP2's are usually more desired and bring more $. Check the ebay sections here on MCB, people usually link deals on ebay and CL in there. You may also be able to pick up a P68SC and convert it to go in a wood stock too. I highly recommend Walz if you want custom wood, he does great work for very reasonable prices.