mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Anyone have some picture of a tank in stock?

I'm curious if anyone has any pictures of tank in stock KP's. I know I have see some, maybe they were customs and not modified Sheridans. I don't mean KP's with brackets, I mean the tank would actually be in the stock. Any K series is fine, I'm just curious of the Airlines.

I'm just tossing around some ideas in my head trying to figure out some things.

Specifically I'm looking to figure out how they get the air from the tank to the KP.

Thanks a bunch.
Fred.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Hey brother! Not quite what you're looking for, but a similar principle could be used to run air through a stock.

Constant air on a PGP?

Look at the incredible Dan Serguson's post. He ran the air line through the grip. Same principle should apply to a stock, so your creative juices can get flowing about a way to do it, while we wait for the brass gods to chime in with some actual wisdom.

As a side note, take a good look at Walz' Asa blocks. Those are my favorite ca adapter for a k series. Functional and aesthetically pleasing, while balancing the marker.

Hope this helps you out.
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bow,
all tank in stock models were aftermarket hand made jobs. Like in the previously linked post, once you have located where you want the tank you locate a remote adapter and line in-front of the tank. you can run the line out the front and use a drop-in dummy CO2 or you can side-tap the gun and run the line to the valve it's self. As you are doing this to a KP, I would prefer the drop in kit as it would not "ruin" a classic, but that is your choice. If you have a valve tool the side tap is relatively easy. You remove the valve, reinsert the retaining nut and stainless sleeve, and drill through the right side of the gun and sleeve. Then thread in a 1/8" fitting and solder in place. Clean out the shavings and reinstall the valve. Viola, you are ready to attach the remote air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Interesting.

I figured they were customs, I'v just been tossing around one monster of a marker for a while and I think I may try my hands with it. I have an affinity for coming up with models in my head, but I'm not sure I would want a line on the outside. The marker I remember had all the line hidden, you see, and I think they may have somehow tapped it from the rear.

I would probably start from scratch, It'll be a long time before I even bother to start it but I'm putting 2 n' 2 together and I'm laying out some ideas. I would never harm any of my factory brass, I love them to much.

I'll keep looking out for the picture I'm thinking of though.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
I knew I remembered seeing a tank in a stock. Alas it's not a Sheridan, but just another idea (and visual) of a tank in the stock.

The Official Dukie Pictoral Collection

Scroll down and you'll see what I'm referencing.
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was just about to post about that. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Pistol rogue had a thread about unpirating his dsg (the marker babshaft is referring to). In that thread he talks about what he did. Looking for it now before babshaft beats me with his detective skills.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Did anybody send you over to Viper in the armory. I think he does what your looking for. Feyd.......
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by babshaft View Post
I knew I remembered seeing a tank in a stock. Alas it's not a Sheridan, but just another idea (and visual) of a tank in the stock.

The Official Dukie Pictoral Collection

Scroll down and you'll see what I'm referencing.
I can't remember if that's the marker I'm thinking of but its enough to go on.

Like I said, I'm just putting together some ideas for a far in the future project.

Thanks for the detective work!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to MrBig

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Did anybody send you over to Viper in the armory. I think he does what your looking for. Feyd.......
I believe you are referring to the RTP section. There are a number of pictures in there of Vipers and Intimidators with tank in stock.

I didn't see any that show you anything other than a picture of a tank in a stock. No DIY directions.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
I believe you are referring to the RTP section. There are a number of pictures in there of Vipers and Intimidators with tank in stock.

I didn't see any that show you anything other than a picture of a tank in a stock. No DIY directions.
Fantastic, I found the marker I was thinking of. Compiling pictures for future fun =)

I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do stuff. I'll just have to see what the future holds.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan