mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Assembling a P68, valve Q

I'm assembling a P68sc that will eventually go to Palmer's for performance tune. I'll be using 12g and stock feed tube, and my understanding is the non-cartridge might be more efficient. Can a new non-cartridge valve be purchased, and if so, where/how much? Am I stuck cannibilizing another Sheridan for the valve? Last time I e-mailed Palmer's I didn't get a response.

I'm planning to put a faast change, speedgate, and lay it in a bluestreak stock.
PaintedRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Does your P68 have the cartrige valve or the old style valve currently? I understand they came out with both.

If you have a cartrige valve converting to the old style valve would be a lot of work though it could be done. Cheapest way would likely be to cannibalize a PGP. If you do so gently you could install the cart valve into the newly gutted PGP and probably get your money back out of it.

I have all of the loose parts of the old style valves available. But the original style valve has a piece soldered into the lower tube. Don't have one of those, up to you to come up with that.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm starting with an empty P68 body. To avoid the soldered parts, I could use a cartridge valve. I was looking for non-cartridge based on the efficiency, but it sounds like it would be more effort than needed. Have any complete cartridge valves?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Yes, a lot of work for just a few extra shots per 12gram. Sorry, I don't have any intact cart valves on hand right now. I need to pick a few up next time I place an order which should be soon.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Made some progress. I got antsy waiting to order parts, so I borrowed what I needed to get the stock fitted, namely a catridge valve from a PGP to get the length for the grip screw right. I need to order a hammer, but I'm not sure which I need. Will I want a KP2 or P68 hammer and spring? Once the marker is complete, I'll refinish the stock.

Last edited by PaintedRat; 08-21-2006 at 02:04 AM. Reason: fix link
Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

You'll need a KP-2 hammer I think. The hammer tubes are different lengths so it might not fit. I do know that the P-68 hammer will need to be machined to get the KP sear to catch it.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got an e-mail back from Lori at PPS. The KP2 hammer will not work, I'll have to use the common Sheridan hammer. I don't know how much material needs to be removed for it to work, but hopefully not too much since I'm working with basic tools. Anyone have better info on modifying the hammer, or a modified one for sale? On Sunday I'll start playing with it and hopefully get a chance to air it up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan