| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|04-29-2013, 10:13 AM||#1 (permalink)|
WALZ De Lisle silenced Sheridan Commando (Completed 7-23-13)
The start of the De Lisle silenced Sheridan Commando:
( for a member )
Started the base marker and made this stock for the Commando.
Used Maple for the stock (hard as a wedding night -rock).
I still need to inlet the fore grip (when shroud material shows up).
Although I did drop the neck for better sighting the stock
looks pretty close to the real meal deal and when
I get her all together she is going to be one unique bolt
action sheridan marker.
Has a coat of stain on her now but I think I will make it
a bit darker with a touch of red to her..
The base is a bolt action with a 13" .686 brass barrel
with wedgits and a a/c brass detent.
Still waiting for the material for the shroud - most
of the detail work goes on it -
Anyway here are a couple pics of the stock so far....
Last edited by WALZ; 07-23-2013 at 08:32 AM.
|04-29-2013, 11:20 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grande Prairie AB
that's gross.... and by gross I mean sexy
|04-29-2013, 01:08 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Holy lord... that's the perfect shaped stock!
|04-29-2013, 01:16 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2009
looks very ergonomic and sightable even at this stage
|04-29-2013, 09:17 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Looking forward to seeing this one. I wonder how big its going to be at the end.
Sunkistsniper on XBL and Minecraft.
|05-02-2013, 07:44 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Are you doing a spring feed along the barrel or something closer to a real de lisle?
Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it. Boris the Blade
If I'm buying something from you, please note that I live in Canada!
|05-13-2013, 09:21 PM||#9 (permalink)|
A bit more done but a lot to go...
Received the shroud tubing for this but it is way to Big and Heavy so I have a new idea for the finish.
So far I have added to the bottom tube to extend it to the end.
Made a "double" c02 knob for easier removal.
Ported the barrel with two straight rows of ports. I doubled drilled them all to get the countersunk face.
Added a brass a/c style detent and also added wedgits to the barrel.
NOTE: that you cannot see the wedgit marks on exterior of barrel.
Also re-ported the transfer tube with .287 id tube -changed the old style valve to a cartridge type (re-ported also) and made a bolt action bolt with same air ports as above.
Had to rework the grip but I will be restaining the whole stock before I,m done.
It will be powdercoated with a fine textured black when completed also.
I have the new tube for shroud so will have it figured out and on before to long. Still need to make triggerguard, fake clip, and few other who-ha's.
Ignore the dust please..
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|