mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Box

PMI - 2 Tear down and velocity adjustment?

Hello,

Before I begin, I would like to apologize if this topic has been brought up many times before. I have searched this site as well as google and was not able to find the answers I was looking for.

I have a Sheridan PMI-II that was modified to direct feed, I gassed it up today and it shot fine which impressed me.

However, I have no idea how to adjust the velocity on this gun, or tear it down. I have been so far unable to find instructions detailing how to do that.

Does anyone have this information?
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Since the PMI-2 is back bottle you don't have great options for velocity adjustment.

If you're high, you can trim the spring.

If you're low, you can shim the spring by using some small washers in the hammer.

WALZ does a velocity adjustment mod on the back bottle adapter where it's drilled through with an allen screw. If you wanna put money into it, this is the way to go.

Palmers made a velocity adjust hammer awhile ago that had a little allen screw that you could get to form the cocking lug "window" and had a ball bearing inside the hammer that would shift back to increase velocity.

That's the only things coming to mind right now.

To tear it down you'll need some allen keys, possibly a screw driver depending on what previous owners have done to it. But you'll really need a Valve Tool. If you don't have one, PM Titus. He has them at the best prices shipped to you. Unscrew the trigger frame. Be very careful when removing it. There is a tiny spring and ball bearing that makes the safety functioning. If you just slide it off, they go flying and forget about it. Then unscrew the external air line. The BBA will slide out the back as will the main spring and hammer. Then you need the valve tool to unscrew the inside nut. Use the back end of the valve tool to screw onto the valve itself and wiggle the valve out. Now you have the guts in your hand.

Good luck.

Last edited by Long Beard; 07-20-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Box

Thnaks for the assistance, My PMI - 2 is now cleaned up and will be taking the field with me at the Michigan Monster Game this weekend.

Another question, when I purchased my PGP, the PMI -2 came with it, and so did some PGP parts. I was given two bolts that look like they are from a PGP, but they will not fit in the firing tube?

any ideas?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Might be PG bolts. Pic would help. What other parts did you get?

Also, where you located? I'll be at MMG this weekend as well. If you're local I may have some parts you're looking to trade for and may have a valve tool you could use.... or I have the tap needed for the threaded end so you could make one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Box

A couple PGPlooking bolts that are probably for a PG, as you've said. The other parts were just a pump arm etc.

I'm from the Battle Creek area. I'll probably run into you at MMG, hopefully you are on the yellow team! I'll be near lots J and K by the RV parking
Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Looked for ya there. The guys at J-K had no idea or even what a PGP was. Ackward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post

Palmers made a velocity adjust hammer awhile ago that had a little allen screw that you could get to form the cocking lug "window" and had a ball bearing inside the hammer that would shift back to increase velocity.
Would you have some pics of this?
digdug18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
If you send me your bba I can do a rva on it for you for 15.00 shipped back to you.
(complete w/bearing -ready to adjust). ( I will even powdercoat it most any color you like.)

Or I will sell you a bba w/ rva outright for 35.00 shipped. (freshly powdercoated most any color you like).

Or you can make it yourself - somewhere in here I made a thread on how to DIY...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan