mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fastest Pump in the West

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
PGP Help/Opinions Needed

First off, I would like to thank you all in advance for the help you are about to give.

The first issue:
PGP2

I bought this from a customer at our store last week and have had nothing but bad luck with it. The issue I am seeing might be considered low velocity but I would consider it more of "only a little puff of air comes out when you pull the trigger" seriously, not enough to even get the ball out of the barrel. I have check and replaced all orings and springs and even the valve pin with a PGP2 parts kit from Palmers and still haven't found the issue. There are no leaks and the 12 gram seams the be puncturing the same as my PGP"1" but I could be wrong. Could it possibly be that the valve port is not lined up correctly with the body or is this gun just boned?

The second:
PGP w/ K Frame

This one I would just like an opinion or two on. I recently traded someone on here a Phantom for a PGP and decided to talk to Dan about getting a K Frame. Got it and couldn't be happier. The issue I am having is with my pump handle. It seems to be rubbing on the front portion of the K Frame and is making it extremely difficult to fully cock. Would you suggest milling out the pump handle or building a new one or buying one?

The second question on this one I have would be that of modding. Does the bolt "nipple" mod really help? I was using Marballizer this past weekend and was seeing nothing but breaks. The paintballs were fresh and it was the only type we had in stock that fit the .686 bore of my barrel.

Would you suggest a spring feed? I have the internal components on the way for the Empire Sniper's stick feed system and thought I would drop in the system but I'm not sure if I like the thought of losing 2+ balls in my tube.

Once again guys, thanks for the help!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fastest Pump in the West

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
No one?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Professional Hobbyist

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
The only thing I can think of for the fist pgp is that there is a blockage in the transfer port between the barrel and valve tube, try sticking an allen key through the hole to see if its clear? As for the 2nd one, I had the same issue with my kframe and it took very minimal filing to remove enough material from the pump slot to make a smooth pump stroke. I also find the k frame lends itself very well to the natural rock and cock motion, whereas if you put in a spring feed, you'll have to worry about double feeds

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
markermasher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan