mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Woot. Holds co2 and fires. Needs cleaned and then to decide if I want to polish it.

Last edited by stormtrooper; 11-20-2013 at 10:12 PM.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Rule of thumb: if the finish is good, let it be. You can't get it back once it's gone. But it's yours, so by all means polish her up if that's what you want.
Feedback

Last edited by Axel; 11-21-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The guy has a kp2 he is thinking about selling so I told him to let me know if he does but I can't wait to run my first game with my pgp and have a nice old school back up. I need to do widgets ( I think this is what they are) but for what I paid it is pretty nice.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
That's a nice shooter. What's he asking for the KP? and what condition is it in? If it's in this kind of condition snatch it up.
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

He said it would be after Christmas which is good because I a have a bit to save up. I hope I can get it, I may ask in a week or so what he wants for it but given the deal I got I hope he hooks me up again. We talked for a while about paintball as he is moving to airsoft??? Which I just can not understand but seemed like an alright guy
Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Have you put any paint through the PGP2 yet? I found that my PGP doesn't really need wedgits. I'm sure they are nice to have, but with the horizontal feed (versus a stack of paintballs over a direct feeds), double-feeds haven't been much of a problem for me. YMMV. At any rate you have to learn not to point the muzzle down
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Badger

Brass N Wood Fan
I've been shooting Graffiti out of my PGP2 lately. Rollouts really aren't much of a problem for me with it so wedgits really aren't on my to-do list. I will say that shooting a PGP is very satisfying. The hollow metallic "pop" it makes with each shot is very distinctive (other people on the field always know when I'm shooting). It also has a good feel to it and it is rather accurate. Best of all, the look on a ref's face is priceless when you go to chrono it. Many of them have never seen or heard one before. The "what the hell was that?" looks I get are hilarious.

My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Have you put any paint through the PGP2 yet? I found that my PGP doesn't really need wedgits. I'm sure they are nice to have, but with the horizontal feed (versus a stack of paintballs over a direct feeds), double-feeds haven't been much of a problem for me. YMMV. At any rate you have to learn not to point the muzzle down
I agree that double feeds aren't a big problem with the PGP, they do happen from time to time. For me I have a horrible time with roll outs. This is what wedgits prevent, they won't help with double feeds but do keep the paint from rolling out. Pointing the barrel up helps a lot but I've also thrown paint out the barrel when I pointed the gun to quickly. Nail polish can be used to do the same thing as the wedgit. To ensure no double feeds you would need a detent.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
not by a long shot.
Not all PGPs are cart valves but all of the PGP2 models were.

It was an OK design. They incorporated a lot of the mods that folks were buying or doing on their own. Longer barrel, Fasst change threading on the Co2 knob, and an RVA. The part I don't like was the cheap plastic sites and quick feed adapter. They break easily and there are no replacements. Overall it's a nice pistol and better if you rip off that stupid top tube off and replace it with a longer old style one.

Wedgits are a nice addition. Another way to help with the rollouts is to change your play style a bit. I rarely pre-chamber a ball and run around. I just pump when I'm ready to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Yes. As MaD mentioned all PGP2's are cart valves.

99% of PGP2's will blow of paintballs when you fire because for whatever reason on those (short bolt? too far forward exhaust port?) the ball is sitting right on top of the exhaust port and gets blasted to bits.

Probably you will want to drill a hole and tap the front of the bolt for a little button head screw.

Also remember that the RVA does not get threaded flush with the body, it is around 1 or 2 full rotations out, with an almost dime sized gap or so. If you screw it in all the way it wont work.

And yeah the plastic parts suck, the speed feed thing will eventually just get ripped off the gun when it cracks when you yank it backwards, and when it is working, you need to kinda wiggle the feed tube around to get the balls to feed into the gun.

But they are definitely great. They fix some things and they cause some problems.

You can do home made wedgits (dents in barrel) but it isn't something you want to do without really thinking it through, do you don't end up just caving in the barrel and making it really nasty. Try to just use some nail polish and pile it up until it works well. The ball short rest on the "wedgits" when it is chambered with the bolt closed. The wedgits should not be in front of the ball when the ball is chambered with the bolt closed. The ball sits "wedged' in between the "wedgits"...get it? :P

Don't try to remove the finish. Thats good paint, and anything you do will look worse really. Just enjoy it.

You will want to remove the paint overspray inside the barrel, there is usually like 2 or 3 inches of it in those PGP's.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan