mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sheridan (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/)
-   -   Trigger mount/rear cap for rifle? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/247796-trigger-mount-rear-cap-rifle.html)

RuleOfSines 12-18-2013 09:40 PM

Trigger mount/rear cap for rifle?
 
I was wondering where I can get the rear cap/trigger mount for the rifle sheridans?

Not sure if I am describing it properly, but this part here (chpInstone's pic):
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/100_3262.jpg

I plan on putting a P68 into a wooden stock, and I think I need that, or some approximation of it.

snaparen 12-19-2013 04:09 PM

Well here is the trigger.
Sheridan Blue Streak Trigger, NOS, excellet shape - Trigger Groups - KP / Sheridan Rifle Parts - Sheridan - Pump - Parts

The back block can be harder to find.

There are other options for putting it in a stock.
You can use one of these;
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ger-group.html

If you do a search for kpmi, you will find many that use that trigger group. That trigger pack is still available from Crosman, and so is the stock that matches up to it.

WALZ 12-20-2013 10:44 AM

You can also modify your stock trigger frame to work perfectly.
I have a thread in here somwhere on how to do.
Save you plenty bucks and no mods to the internals at all..
I can post a pic of one if you need a visual..

RuleOfSines 12-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaparen (Post 2865480)
Well here is the trigger.
Sheridan Blue Streak Trigger, NOS, excellet shape - Trigger Groups - KP / Sheridan Rifle Parts - Sheridan - Pump - Parts

The back block can be harder to find.

There are other options for putting it in a stock.
You can use one of these;
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ger-group.html

If you do a search for kpmi, you will find many that use that trigger group. That trigger pack is still available from Crosman, and so is the stock that matches up to it.

Awesome, thank you for the info :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by WALZ (Post 2865879)
You can also modify your stock trigger frame to work perfectly.
I have a thread in here somwhere on how to do.
Save you plenty bucks and no mods to the internals at all..
I can post a pic of one if you need a visual..

That would be great, I'll see if I can find that thread. It would be awesome to be able to swap stuff around.

Edit: I found a thread where you were selling a completed one, but I haven't found any pictures of the mod itself.

snaparen 12-20-2013 01:44 PM

I think the way walz does it he showed in a gun build thread, not in a thread buy it's self.
I was like a bonus how to do inside another thread.

RuleOfSines 12-20-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaparen (Post 2865990)
I think the way walz does it he showed in a gun build thread, not in a thread buy it's self.
I was like a bonus how to do inside another thread.

There we go, that's what I was looking for :)

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...tball-2053.jpg

RuleOfSines 12-28-2013 04:48 PM

So one of my PGPs volunteered to donate its parts so I could get started on this:

http://ofawgw.dm1.livefilestore.com/...z/IMAG0030.jpg

http://mvyvdw.dm2301.livefilestore.c...0/IMAG0032.jpg

http://mfyvdw.dm2301.livefilestore.c...8/IMAG0033.jpg

http://l1yvdw.dm2303.livefilestore.c...6/IMAG0035.jpg

http://llyvdw.dm2303.livefilestore.c...U/IMAG0038.jpg

I still have to make the trigger, and tweak the stock a bit. Right now the body tilts slightly to the right. Then I have to decide what I will be doing for the feed, and bolt/actuation.

RuleOfSines 12-31-2013 07:58 PM

Fit it together with the trigger and sear in place:
http://k1yvdw.dm1.livefilestore.com/...B/IMAG0039.jpg

Cut the trigger down:
http://klyvdw.dm2302.livefilestore.c...b/IMAG0042.jpg

Notched the back for the new trigger:
http://ovyvdw.dm2302.livefilestore.c...B/IMAG0043.jpg

As it sits now, waiting for me to get the replacement trigger:
http://ofyvdw.dm2303.livefilestore.c...l/IMAG0046.jpg


I've never done anything with wood before, all my mods to the stock are being done with an Xacto knife, and the rest is hacksaw and files :)

Oksoldier20 01-01-2014 08:26 PM

I made one. They work awesome. I used some flat brass rod for a new trigger, twisted an sanded it round at the edges.

Skantz 02-15-2014 05:13 PM

Any pics OKSoldier.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC